1966 Fury pedals on a 72 Polara

fatwagn72

Reaction score
so I got these pedals from a 66 fury 3 on the tree car and I was going to use them for my 4 speed swap on my 72 polara wagon. the only question is: will they fit? When I got them at first i thought: a C body is a C body. I just wanted to know if those pedals will work or if I need to do some more digging.

Thanks!

Unlikely they will fit unfortunately... the pedal assembly and dash/firewall change dramatically in 1969, and if Mopar could have kept the same pedal assembly it's likely they would have...

Keep looking for that 69-73 three on the tree pedal set - they're out there!

There's a guy on C Body Drydock looking for clutch pedals for 65-68 c body. Perhaps you can make your money back and help towards the correct pedals for your 72 wagon (sounds like a fun build!).

If you're a member there, here's a link to the post:

Forum - C-Body DryDock

If not, give me your email in a private message and I'll pass it along to them.

There's a guy on C Body Drydock looking for clutch pedals for 65-68 c body. Perhaps you can make your money back and help towards the correct pedals for your 72 wagon (sounds like a fun build!).

If you're a member there, here's a link to the post:

Forum - C-Body DryDock

If not, give me your email in a private message and I'll pass it along to them.
it's me, I am "66Polara500" on the dock (see avatar) ...already sent a PM to the O.P.

I believe there is a Thread on here where a Guy was putting a 4 speed in a 69 300 Convertible and used 65-68 4 speed pedals. He made it work. Think outside the Box.

I'm under the impression that clutch/brake pedals from Slabsides bolt right into Fuselages.
Would give left nut to see 65-68 and 69/70 pedals side by side.

Found it.
New Guy from Indiana with 69 300 Vert

CIMG8157.jpg

The Fusey pedals have some extra bracketry that attaches to the dash, I think, so I wonder if the dash would rattle or sag somewhat with Slab pedals in there. The picture above shows something that fits, but doesn't mean it might not be an issue later on.

As Ross said, if the older pedals were the right fit, the factory would've continued using them.

I can't remember ever seeing Fuselage pedals come up for sale. But, I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday.

Yes, and there's one on the other side, to the left, doesn't jump out in that picture. I missed it at first also. At first I thought it was for wire harness support, but it seems like a long cantilever just to hold a harness.

The 66 Fury pedals shown above are for manual brakes. The two pedals are nearly side by side.

Power brake pedal assemblies have the brake pedal quite a bit further back towards the firewall and the clutch and brake pedals are definitely not at the same level.

Back