For Sale 1966 Imperial convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Yup, it's time. I want to build one bad 440 stroker engine for my '66 Coronet. With that, comes the necessity to sell the Imperial, sad to say...

It's got a 440, of course. Repainted Daffodil Yellow several years back, along with a new top. Great interior, with a new dash pad. Factory AM/FM replaced the original AM. This car does NOT have Auto-Pilot or the auto-dimming headlights. Power antenna is inoperative, but it is extended. Will soon have new shocks and a rebuilt brake booster.

Always garaged when not driven. Owned close to five years. Selling for $20K cash. Not really interested in trades, unless it's cash and a sub-$5K Mopar that catches my attention; as I want to get the 440 engine for the Coronet. Located in OKC, OK.

20190505_224335.jpg

20181006_075654.jpg

20181006_075636.jpg

20181006_075625.jpg

20181017_153642.jpg

Naaah. I've had a near-stock Coronet for nearly 40 years, and will die with that car. I want to burn the tires off at will, and have it be a truly exciting car to drive, for a quarter the price of a new, soulless metric Challenger! So, to get to that goal, the Imperial gets sold. I've owned several hundred cars and trucks over the years. There will be others. But to get the Coronet where I want it, the Imperial (and my Fargo) get to have new owners to make it happen. No regrets. I've owned many amazing cars and trucks. I'm sure there will be more.

Last edited:
That’s one sweet Imp Patrick, good luck finding a new home for it.:thumbsup:

I can understand doing foolish things to satisfy the need for speed once before you die.
You'll lose your shirt when the tab is added up at the end but you'll have checked off another bucket list item.
Remember that hot rod you wanted to buy? :poke:

This one is a tough call....

The hot rod sold quickly. I see it on occasion around town. Guy digs it.

How is a stroker big-block a "foolish decision"??? Look at the $$$ people spend on C-bodies...hmmm?

Not concerned about "losing my shirt" on the Coronet. It goes to my sons when I hit room temperature, so that "concern" is a big nothing-burger.

Point is, sometimes something has to go in order to move forward. If anyone is serious about the convertible, PM me and we'll chat. In the meantime, life goes on.

I can understand doing foolish things to satisfy the need for speed once before you die.
QUOTE]

I guess I'm fortunate enough to have checked the "need for speed" of my list at a early age. I don't even want to go as fast as I already have.
I guess age and experience make things like an Imperial convertible so attractive.

I know 80- and 90-year-old gentlemen getting their "need for speed" at Bonneville. Another friend, who is 77, bought a new Challenger Demon and routinely outdrives and smokes people on the street and the strip. So, if you're too old to go fast, then go slow. Too easy.

Stroker motor? I could probably have just as much fun with a B or C-body with a 3.91 gear and a Chrysler 8-speed automatic, behind a stock-spec 440/375 engine. IF I felt the need to leave calling cards at stop signs or similar. No need to show off, myself or the car's capabilities.

But I understand what you're getting at, so have fun responsibly. Be safe and live to lay rubber again!

CBODY67

I know 80- and 90-year-old gentlemen getting their "need for speed" at Bonneville. Another friend, who is 77, bought a new Challenger Demon and routinely outdrives and smokes people on the street and the strip. So, if you're too old to go fast, then go slow. Too easy.

:wtf: Took em long enough.

Patrick66, Truly stunning Imperial you have there. I love the white top to set off the yellow paint. IMO, I think you should keep the it, where are you going to find another one like that. Anyway, best of luck with the sale. By the way, you know this is in the wrong section. This is NON C-body stuff for sale.

Patrick66, Truly stunning Imperial you have there. I love the white top to set off the yellow paint. IMO, I think you should keep the it, where are you going to find another one like that. Anyway, best of luck with the sale. By the way, you know this is in the wrong section. This is NON C-body stuff for sale.

I appreciate the compliments...BTW, the '64-'66 Imperial is a D-body car. The '67-'74 Imperial is a C-body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back