For Sale 1966 Imperial Crown convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
OK, boys, I am jobless at the end of October. I am NOT desperate to sell the ragtop, but I am putting it up for sale for the time being. You guys have seen pics of my yellow '66 Imp. It is one of 514. Daffodil Yellow with black interior and white top. 440 auto. Very stock. Power windows and top. Power brakes and steering. Air conditioning. Heater. Seek/scan AM radio. Power antenna. It's actually a fairly low-optioned car! It is a wonderful driving convertible. This was built September 7, 1965; so it just turned fifty years old!

Only a couple of "problem" areas, and they aren't really problems, per se. The A/C is sealed, but it would need to be purged and charged, at a minimum, as it has never been converted from R12. I'm looking to have the unit serviced in before the end of the month. The heater core leaks and has been bypassed. I have not removed it to get it fixed yet. The dash has a crack in the middle. A new dashpad is available. I have other priorities going right now, so that will have to be taken care of by the new owner.

The car has new 235-75R15 Hankook whitewalls on stock Imperial steel wheels. All-new brakes and brake kits, along with the brake lines and wheel cylinders in the front. Changed all of the fluids and filters in the past couple of weeks. Recent lube on all points needing it. I have the FSM for the car, plus a couple of dealer goodies that I've found since buying the car a year ago May. This car drives like a dream! You're at 75 before you know it!

I have several small boxes of used and NOS parts for the car that came with it. I really hate to sell it, but impending joblessness says I should. I like a roof over my head, ya know!

$15,750. Located in Oklahoma City, OK. Tagged and titled in MY name. Shipping/pickup arrangements are purely the responsibility of the BUYER. PM me here for more details. Thanks!

--- Patrick

car group imperial01.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Imp door02.jpg

Imp dash01.jpg

impnybs03.jpg

impnybs07.jpg

imperial interior02.jpg

nybs interior01.jpg

imperial interior01.jpg

Hey Patrick, sorry to hear of your pending joblessness. The Imp is beautiful and it's definitely a better car for having passed through your hands. Best of luck finding a new home for it.

Thanks! I'm hoping the new company comes to its senses, but I have plans to improve my life, no matter what the outcome. If the Imperial survives the cut (which I hope it does!), so much the better! I'm keeping a positive outlook here, as much as I can. I haven't been jobless since I was 15 (mid-'70s!).

Hey Patrick I met you at the last coffee and cars in Oklahoma City I talk to you for a while about your Imperial let me know if it makes the cut because I still have that part ( gauge cluster lens ) I was going to send out to you

Love your Imperial. Good luck with everything going on with your future job status.

Patrick.........I hope everything is coming together on the job front for you!

Bump. MIGHT consider a partial trade for one of the following, PLUS cash my way:

1) 1975 - 1977 Dodge Royal Monaco Brougham or Plymouth Gran Fury Brougham 2-dr in triple black, prefer 400 or 440, consider 360.

2) 1969 - 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury 2-dr coupe, 383, auto. Color doesn't matter a whole lot.

3) 1978 - 1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express pickup.

Sorry your still selling... I had hoped the NYB was enough. This time of year the auction areas are all I could think of to help, she looks good enough for that, but IDK anything about price history. My best thought at the moment.

OK, guys, I found a 1970 Fury Gran Coupe that I really, really want! Price reduced to $15K, no trades. Offer is good as long as the '70 Fury remains for sale, or I can get a deposit made on it.

Just $15K, guys! This is a NICE car that just has a couple of relatively small needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back