1966 Imperial Wiring Harness

LeoInLA

Reaction score
The alternator in my 1966 Imperial Convertible shorted and burned up the wiring harness. My mechanic says that he cannot locate a wiring harness for a '66 Imperial and proposes to remove the burned up one and recreate it (which will take an inordinate amount of time). I'd name my next child (grandchild more like it) after the kind soul who can point me in the right direction where to obtain the wiring harness for my Imperial. Many thanks!

The alternator in my 1966 Imperial Convertible shorted and burned up the wiring harness. My mechanic says that he cannot locate a wiring harness for a '66 Imperial and proposes to remove the burned up one and recreate it (which will take an inordinate amount of time). I'd name my next child (grandchild more like it) after the kind soul who can point me in the right direction where to obtain the wiring harness for my Imperial. Many thanks!
I’ll go through my stash this morning. I have some nice ‘66 harnesses.

Matt, I know this is an old thread but hoping you still have a wiring harness for a '66 Imperial. My son just purchased a '66 4 door. I saw it for the first time on Monday and could not believe the rats nest of wiring hanging below the dash, along with about 5 lbs of cheap wire connectors and 5 spools or red wiring in the front floor boards. The car does run and drive but I suspect the PO didn't understand the nuances of the temp gauge and it's effects on the gauges. Unfortunately all the original wiring was cut out and disposed of. I told my son the best way to tackle the project was with an original harness. His response was "Yeah where are you going to find that" so the challenge was issued, "find one if you can". I'm hoping you may be able to help!

Matt, I know this is an old thread but hoping you still have a wiring harness for a '66 Imperial. My son just purchased a '66 4 door. I saw it for the first time on Monday and could not believe the rats nest of wiring hanging below the dash, along with about 5 lbs of cheap wire connectors and 5 spools or red wiring in the front floor boards. The car does run and drive but I suspect the PO didn't understand the nuances of the temp gauge and it's effects on the gauges. Unfortunately all the original wiring was cut out and disposed of. I told my son the best way to tackle the project was with an original harness. His response was "Yeah where are you going to find that" so the challenge was issued, "find one if you can". I'm hoping you may be able to help!
Yep, I can help but now I’m wondering if I ever got back with @LeoInLA

This is a nice under dash harness that doesn’t have a single cut wire or missing connector. It isn’t perfect but darn close.
IMG_7193.jpeg
IMG_7194.jpeg
IMG_7195.jpeg
IMG_7196.jpeg
IMG_7197.jpeg

Back