For Sale 1966 New Yorker 4DR HT Mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Time to sell my 66 NY'er. I've had it for 9 years and can never seem to find the time to drive it anymore. It's a very nice Rust free lifelong CA, AZ car. Great driver with nice paint and interior. While of course I can't guarantee it it would probably drive across country no problem. First the bad: While everything you need to drive it works a lot of the accessories need attention. By this I mean The rear door windows don't go down, The speedometer doesn't work, The heater core is bypassed, the AM/FM radio doesn't work and the power antenna doesn't work. Surprisingly if you turn on the A/C the clutch engages but of course doesn't blow cold. I will include two window motors that should fix the rear windows. All these are things I never made the time to address.
Now for the good: Rust free body with nice paint. I painted it back in 2012 and it's been garaged with very little drive time. Headliner, seats and carpet redone, all chrome and stainless in good shape as is all the glass. Straight and shiny bumpers. Original 440 that to the best of my knowledge has never been apart. The odometer which worked when I first bought it but broke shortly afterwards shows 90,000. I haven't put 5000 miles since I've had it so it could have less than 100,000 on it although I can't verify that. The motor runs and sound very good although on cold start up it takes a couple of seconds for the oil pressure to build up. It's not bad enough to worry about on a driver but I do want to mention it here so no one expects a brand new motor.
Recently I have put in a $500 recored radiator, Alternator, voltage regulator, muffler and a shift shaft seal in the transmission. It does have some oil and ATF leaks but I'm talking drips not major. It goes down the road pretty well and is a good driving car.
I'm asking $8500 OBO. I do welcome any comments or opinions as to my asking price. I do know if I fixed some of the issues it would sell faster but It's just not going to happen.
now here's the pictures.
66NY'er1.jpg
66NY'er6.jpg
66NY'er7.jpg
66NY'er8.jpg
66NY'er9.jpg
66NY'er10.jpg
66NY'er11.jpg
66NY'er16.jpg
66NY'er5.jpg

Absolutely love it! Best of luck finding a new home for it.

Is that then a painted roof or a vinyl roof. And the side rear panel is same as the roof.
I painted the roof and rear pillars white. If I had it to do over I would keep the roof green. When I bought it in 2011 a 4dr C body was a $1500 car so I wasn't too worried about originality.

I love it & I want it but don't have the money or space at this time. I do think that the asking price may be optomistic given all the little things that need work. Good luck!

I love it & I want it but don't have the money or space at this time. I do think that the asking price may be optomistic given all the little things that need work. Good luck!
You may be right but that just speaks to how under appreciated these are because that is a lot of beautiful classic car for that money as is. I wouldn’t take much less for it.

You may be right but that just speaks to how under appreciated these are because that is a lot of beautiful classic car for that money as is. I wouldn’t take much less for it.

I agree. These cars and 4 door C Bodies in general are under appreciated.

When trying to value it I looked all over Craigslist, E bay and other sites. Prices for all collector cars are all over the place. On E bay you have all the overpriced classic car dealers who would price my car in the upper teens. And no I don't believe it's worth that much. Then you have project cars. If there are any rust free complete project car for under $4000 I would like to see them. So my car that runs and drives great with nice paint and interior should be worth at least double the price of a project car. I do realize the issues it has hurt the value but for someone here who knows these cars none of the repairs it needs are high dollar. Then the extra two doors don't help but I really haven't seen too many better cars at my asking price. Today I'm going to list it in a couple more places at a little higher price so we'll see what happens. In the end it is worth what it eventually sells for. And if it doesn't sell no big deal. I do appreciate everybody's opinions, so keep them coming.

The asking price is more than fair. Some of us actually prefer the extra two doors!

Slab-side cars seem to look best with 4-doors, but that's just my opinion..... yours DOES have the buckets, which in '66 were the epitome of aircraft style auto seats, especially in white. It deserves only the best home, the accessories are easier to remedy than rust repair, etc. If you don't find a good home for it on here, I'd suggest trying BringaTrailer, as it seems to cultivate a better class of car buyer, and they haven't featured one of these C-bodies in a while now. If my fleet wasn't already just barely manageable, I'd be after it in a heartbeat...…. '66 is my favorite of the slabsides.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back