For Sale 1966 Plymouth Sport Fury 4 speed/383 Commando!

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnfind

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
From the book of faces

1966 Plymouth Sport Fury 4 speed/383 Commando!
San Antonio, TX (78201)
$3,500
Add to that fact, this is a Fury that only came with a heater and clock (and manual steering/brakes), and that means someone ordered this car to be fast and nothing else...(notice the beefy "Inland" shifter installed). Also, check out how "clean" the firewall is. Car is a bucket seat car with 8.75" rear. Comes with original engine/new pistons (which was machined a couple years ago and in a bag ready for assembly), headers, and original fender CERTICARD. Any vehicles/parts shown in pics not specifically for a the Sport Fury will not be included in the sale. Buyer must bring necessary provisions to move/load vehicle unassisted. Look at the pictures and know what you are working with before you show up to move it. Located near San Antonio Texas. TAG ME in the post then PM me for Questions/Sellers contact info. Serious buyers only! No title. Asking 3500

17546801_10202939972418501_94393888269251813_o.jpg
17493111_10202939972498503_2785662316621147593_o.jpg
17505215_10202939972458502_7847391050630105802_o.jpg
17504545_10202939972938514_1056391208466250798_o.jpg
17546829_10202939972778510_1035723682405983450_o.jpg
17546878_10202939972538504_2869341277100299681_o.jpg

They can look like this when you Bondo over them and use a little photoshop!
maxresdefault.jpg

On a serious note, the car in the ad looks like a decent project, if not a little over priced.

Looked like the radio is in the trunk... From one of the pics I seen on Facebook.

I think the price is good with machined block, oh, he did find the title to it as well.

I think the price is good with machined block, oh, he did find the title to it as well.

A title makes ALL the difference. Without the title, its just parts. Hell. . . Around here you can't even junk a car without a title.

From the book of faces

1966 Plymouth Sport Fury 4 speed/383 Commando!
San Antonio, TX (78201)
$3,500
Add to that fact, this is a Fury that only came with a heater and clock (and manual steering/brakes), and that means someone ordered this car to be fast and nothing else...(notice the beefy "Inland" shifter installed). Also, check out how "clean" the firewall is. Car is a bucket seat car with 8.75" rear. Comes with original engine/new pistons (which was machined a couple years ago and in a bag ready for assembly), headers, and original fender CERTICARD. Any vehicles/parts shown in pics not specifically for a the Sport Fury will not be included in the sale. Buyer must bring necessary provisions to move/load vehicle unassisted. Look at the pictures and know what you are working with before you show up to move it. Located near San Antonio Texas. TAG ME in the post then PM me for Questions/Sellers contact info. Serious buyers only! No title. Asking 3500

View attachment 120291 View attachment 120292 View attachment 120293 View attachment 120294 View attachment 120295 View attachment 120296
hi
are you willing to part out anything on the car??

Another Bowtie Bozo Flipperspeak ad.

There are a lot of words you could use to describe an Inland shifter but beefy would not be one of them unless it was a veiled reference to what comes out of the end of a beef...

Kevin

I know the guy who owns the car. It's been sitting a good 20 years at his ranch. He's a mopar horder, and very rarely sells things. His prices are usually out of this world... I've seen it listed at least a dozen times...

Last edited:
Another Bowtie Bozo Flipperspeak ad.

There are a lot of words you could use to describe an Inland shifter but beefy would not be one of them unless it was a veiled reference to what comes out of the end of a beef...

Kevin

I bought a 66 satellite 383 4 speed when it was just 6 months old. It had an inland shifter. The only trouble I ever had with it was the reverse lockout cable broke once.

As far as shifting, no issues. It performed well under full power shifts through the gears, ( I would never do that now, but did on several occasions back then). Somehow they got a bad rap ........ Most likely someone who couldn't shift said ..... then someone else heard .... so on and so on.
If I had one now I wouldn't even consider changing it.

I have rebuilt an Inland shifter before, and my opinion of them is: meh. Of course the first shifter that I replaced came out of a terrible car, but it had popped a weld and had micro-fractures all over it. As far as the shifting experience goes, they are fine.

Same in California.
Actually a Title for older cars is pretty easy to obtain here in California especially if the vehicle hasn't been Registered more than 10 years..You just have to know the proper channels and the right DMV Codes

Actually a Title for older cars is pretty easy to obtain here in California especially if the vehicle hasn't been Registered more than 10 years..You just have to know the proper channels and the right DMV Codes
My response was to the comment, "Around here you can't even junk a car without a title." Which, you cannot do.

As for registering a car without a title, all that needs to be done is a 90-day Title search through the DMV. The Gremlin that my son and I got didn't have one. We sweated the ninety days hoping the car wasn't stolen, all the while glad we had not paid a dime for it if it were. At the same time, we left it alone in my driveway until that Title cleared.

A buddy of mine bought a '69 Road Runner from a dude in Washington State without a Title. He towed it back to California and began to do some heavy modifications on it during the 90-day search. Before that period ended, the Police showed up to confiscate the stolen vehicle. Not only was he out the money he had paid for the car, he was also out the 440 and transmission he had put in it. That's right, they would not let him remove it for he had no proof it was his.

[QUOTE="BeatersRus, body rust in the same places too...
thats kinda interesting,as that cars from texas and this ones from ny.
wonder why they rusted right there...?
[/QUOTE]

Says it's IN Texas, Dosen't mean it's FROM Texas

My response was to the comment, "Around here you can't even junk a car without a title." Which, you cannot do.

Not only was he out the money he had paid for the car, he was also out the 440 and transmission he had put in it.
And may we all learn from that guy's experience, don't work on a car until it's legally yours. Some of us would already know that, though.:stop:

Around here older cars can be scrapped without titles pretty easily. There's a cutoff year that some junkyards won't touch a car newer than that without a title. In those cases, you just cut that car up into pieces and put them inside another car that you do have a title for. Always a way to skin a cat.

I have a buddy that loves to scrap vans because he can fit a lot of junk in them.:)

Easy enough to get a bonded title in Texas.
Cost $350 - $400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back