1966 Plymouth sport fury quarter panel

crash113

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm getting back into working on my sport fury and I'm at the point where I need to address the rust on the passenger side lower rear quarter. The car sat in the mud for a good 10-12 years and rust worked it's way up almost to the body line. My question is does anyone know where I can get a decent patch panel or an original piece off of another fury? It's the only rust repair I need to do on the car and it's driving me crazy that the only thing I can find is an "economy" repair panel from goodmark which doesn't exactly thrill me. Thanks in advance for any help and by the way I live in eastern connecticut.

Obama-Facepalm.jpg

Hi all, I'm getting back into working on my sport fury and I'm at the point where I need to address the rust on the passenger side lower rear quarter. The car sat in the mud for a good 10-12 years and rust worked it's way up almost to the body line. My question is does anyone know where I can get a decent patch panel or an original piece off of another fury? It's the only rust repair I need to do on the car and it's driving me crazy that the only thing I can find is an "economy" repair panel from goodmark which doesn't exactly thrill me. Thanks in advance for any help and by the way I live in eastern connecticut.

To almost which body line? Post a pic.

All my pics are on my phone and it won't upload for some reason so I'll have to do it in the morning. But where the lower trim strip on the quarter goes along the rear the rust is an inch or 2 below that. But like I said I'll upload a pic tomorrow.

What gives?
It seems like once a month somebody posts about using those garbage panels.
And once a month 10 people reply for the umpteenth time those panels are garbage.
And it continues once a month because this forum does not believe in stickies.

Heh, I figured that's what that was about. Thanks for the palm-to-forehead explanation. I may use that later as my own.....

This issue (lack of replacement panels) makes me leery of taking on a project with some rust issues. Seems unless I find one with no issues, a donor car is getting to be a near-must-have. I need to know these things before I make my purchase. Man, do I have a lot to learn about these cars....
thanks.

Here's my rust problem, though not bad for a car that's spent it's whole life in new england. Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse with this panel topic just figured you guys are my best chance for finding something. I'd prefer to get an original panel if possible I'm just trying to figure out my best option. The guy I bought this car off of has 5 other 66 sport fury's but they're in too good shape to chop.

1429455721126_1429455757621.jpg

It seems like once a month somebody posts about using those garbage panels.
And once a month 10 people reply for the umpteenth time those panels are garbage.
And it continues once a month because this forum does not believe in stickies.

Those after market quarters are awesome if you would like your car looking like this ! :gah:

944414-5-large.jpg

Instead of what it should look like !!! :eek:ccasion14:

member%2025b.jpg

I know first hand and I would never use them. But that is me. :icon_thumright:

944414-5-large.jpg

That is so bad that I don't even think they are those replacement panels. Look like they were scabbed in from a different make altogether

944414-5-large.jpg

That is so bad that I don't even think they are those replacement panels. Look like they were scabbed in from a different make altogether

Garbage !!!!!!!!

http://www.noramstore.com/category_s/73.htm

clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
Plymouth Fury 69-71 Lower Quarter Panel 2 Door
Our Price: $110.91

clear1x1.gif

• Made from Heavy-duty coated Automotive steel for long lasting rust protection.
  • Installs easily and repairs damaged or rusted-out areas.
  • When ordering please choose a Pair, Driver or Passenger side.
  • Save money with UPS live rates. It costs the same to ship one side as it does pair.
  • Receive additional shipping discounts when ordering more than a pair of any part. Contact us for details.
  • Can't find what you are looking for? Contact us for additional product availability

Here's my rust problem, though not bad for a car that's spent it's whole life in new england. Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse with this panel topic just figured you guys are my best chance for finding something. I'd prefer to get an original panel if possible I'm just trying to figure out my best option. The guy I bought this car off of has 5 other 66 sport fury's but they're in too good shape to chop.

A good sheet metal guy could make another piece to fit pretty easy.

Back