For Sale 1966 Plymouth Sport Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Sportone

Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Fu...edee36a77&item=201307941495&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Not mine-
1966 Plymouth Sport Fury. Very rare B code, factory 440cid 360 horsepower. 727 transmission and 323 rear end. All original with 1 repaint. Sold new in Winchester, VA. Have window sticker & Certicard. Power steering and brakes. Car runs & drives great. Miles over 100,000. Questions call Steve @ 540-327-6340

Interested to hear your thoughts on this one, oh crusty sons of mother MOPAR. Factory 440. Seems pretty low buy it now for the car. Any red flags on this one (besides the tailpipes)? I gotta wonder why they didn't address the rust under the VIN plate when they painted it? Sticks out like a sore thumb. Is it too difficult to reattach like original or would it bring too many questions? A lot cream puffing has been done but it looks sweet at first glance.

Not how I would present a car where I want $14K. Probably the best I have seen it at it is West Coast Classic Cougars when Don has a car for sale which is rare. Great pictures that a buyer would want to see and detailed info on the car. Don also starts all auctions low as he has no fear where the price will end up based on his thorough information. Most of these photos are too far away to tell anything about the body under the new paint which is why I hate new paint. Means I would need to go over the car with a magnet looking for bondo and a paint thickness gauge to see how that was done. I know Don puts up a 428 Cobra Jet as is and hides nothing. His reputation bears that out. Look at this guy's feedback and you see feedback on t-shirts, clocks, exercise programs, videos and so forth. Gives me that warm feeling that he is a true car guy... not!

Last edited:
Nice looking car going by the photos. I'm thinking the 440 option was fairly rare in the '66 Fury lineup, but the hood ornament looks like the wrong year, maybe from '67?

Love the car but it looks like fresh paint over rust....

Took me awhile to find an example of one of his sales.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Torino...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Video on the car and you have to watch the video to see what shows up behind the Cobra when he goes out for a drive. Sort of a Bullitt in reverse.

[video]https://youtu.be/uhct8rM8EAw[/video]

Man that is just exactly what I'd like to see if I was trying to buy a car from someone over distance. I'd go physically see it as well, but that vid would get me there if I was interested in a car like that in that condition.

The end where he show's parts and documentation was really interesting to me since I am a fan of the 68-71 Torino's but don't know much about them

One look at the quarter Panel shape and I'm through.

Took me awhile to find an example of one of his sales.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Torino...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Video on the car and you have to watch the video to see what shows up behind the Cobra when he goes out for a drive. Sort of a Bullitt in reverse.

[video]https://youtu.be/uhct8rM8EAw[/video]

Yeah, makes you want to trust the guy. Knows a lot about the car, it's history and the previous owner. But.... Looks like I am gonna have to find one where the seller hasn't been using the car to film Bullitt II.

Sitting on a car = pet peeve. ;)

No. I meant it is worth half of the BIN price he wants.

People do the best they can to try and figure out what you mean 1/2 the time dontknow.gif

dontknow.gif

Bry, it's the way my brain works. Trying to make me change is like telling a dyslexic to stop writing the numbers backwards.
It ain't gonna happen.
My sister swears I am an undiagnosed, high functioning Aspie.
So wasn't Steve Jobs.

Why do you think almost all of my posts show Editted down the bottom?

No. I meant it is worth half of the BIN price he wants.

Gotcha. It takes a while to get to know people and their ways of communicating. Even more difficult in text only, with no voice inflection of ability to detect sarcasm. 1/2 eh? Even with it being a 440?

Yeah, makes you want to trust the guy. Knows a lot about the car, it's history and the previous owner. But.... Looks like I am gonna have to find one where the seller hasn't been using the car to film Bullitt II.

Not as though you wouldn't be doing the exact same thing and he was mild mostly.

That car was up on eBay three times prior and received no bids at all. He then filmed the video and not only did bids starting coming in on the fourth time but people were calling his business in Oregon asking him if he would end the auction early. Since the car was manual steering and I believe drum brakes people over looked it. Torino sites pegged it at 18-19K and they were pretty much right. He has a nice tutorial up on how to buy a Cougar going over one with a fine tooth comb.

Not as though you wouldn't be doing the exact same thing and he was mild .

I know, right? Actually, I probably wouldn't. I like having the horse power and heavy sounding exhaust but I am all about the cruise now. My speed days are over (for the most part). :3gears:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back