1966 polara heater core (a/c) search

Jonesboy2

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my car needs a heater core. Upon searching for one I have come to realize that one for ac and non ac are different. Every parts store I have searched only has ones for non ac, i was hoping someone here would be able to help me in the right direction of finding one for ac. Also, how much different are the two from each other? Would a non ac one work in the place of where an ac one should be? Thanks a lot in advance!

Try Rockauto. I had the same issue with my '77 Cordoba. Non AC very easy to find, with AC not so much. NONE of the major chain parts suppliers could get one. Bill(traintech55)helped me out....he talked with the parts guy at his local Mopar dealership and they did a search on the computer. Turns out I got the LAST NOS heater core in the Chrysler system for my car. It came from Nebraska and I paid a little over $80 with shipping.

I talked to "The Heater Box" guy at Carlisle a few years ago and he had a heater box with A/C, fully restored. It was was for a B-body but it was identical to a C-body box. He also had a cut away of a B-body box and the heater core & evap core were the same. I'm sorry I can't remember his name and can't find his business card. Good luck.

Try Rockauto. I had the same issue with my '77 Cordoba. Non AC very easy to find, with AC not so much. NONE of the major chain parts suppliers could get one. Bill(traintech55)helped me out....he talked with the parts guy at his local Mopar dealership and they did a search on the computer. Turns out I got the LAST NOS heater core in the Chrysler system for my car. It came from Nebraska and I paid a little over $80 with shipping.
Aww, I am looking for a heater core for my a/c 1977 Doba also! Oh well!

When the heater core on our '66 Newport a/c car went out, in the middle 1970s, the local Chrysler dealer got me one and installed it. I noticed it was a '70s-series number and asked what it crossed with. "1970 Charger" was the answer. It came in and was installed.

IF you can get a good Chrysler part number, you can do a search at www.partsvoice.com. Might require a free registration, but it covers all USA Chrysler dealers who subscribe to that service that have NOS parts in their inventory and desire to sell them. You take a huge leap of faith that the part in the box is the correct one in the box as once bought, usually non-returnable. In general, "freshest is best", regarding how long the core had been laying around on a shelf.

CBODY67

Seems like I may have a few options due to all these leads, thats awesome. Thanks a ton everybody for chiming in and helping out! I'll post when I have something figured out and get this tackled! Take care evryone

Back