1966 Polara Radiator fitment

TroyCo

Reaction score
Hey all, my Polara has a 22" rad from a '68 c body, meant for a 318. It needs to be replaced. It looks like most replacements available to me are 26". Will these also fit or will there be modifications needed? The reason I ask is because the opening in the rad support is only approx. 22".

The 26" won't fit correctly. It will have @ 10-15% behind the passenger side of the core support.

IMG_20180412_125812.jpg

IMG_20180412_141006.jpg

I've grabbed a couple that were for sale and whenever I had a parts car with a good one.

Cold case radiator may have one that fits our cars. They are a vendor here.

That little bit of overhang won't have any factor on cooling, it will work just fine. My brothers 66-300, he did the same with no issues. Good Luck

That little bit of overhang won't have any factor on cooling, it will work just fine. My brothers 66-300, he did the same with no issues. Good Luck
Forgot to mention that. No issues for keeping it cool.

I found a Champion Radiator from Mancinis that's compatible with a 66 Dart/Coronet/Charger that's really close, if not exact when it comes to measurements. Inlets and outlets are even in the same location. I was thinking about the Cold Case, but they tell me shipping to Canada would not be cost effective.

Back