1966 sport fury console interchange

unclemike

Reaction score
I am restoring a '66 sport fury that has been somewhat stripped. Interior is mainly missing front buckets, console, and auto shifter. Is the console same as '66-'68 b body, ie: coronet or roadrunner/gtx? Seems the only consoles ever listed on ebay, or other sources, are for b bodies, or barracudas. I know the shifter changed appearance from '65 to '66, and pictures that I've seen look like the '67 dart gt that I used to own. Any info would be appreciated, and also if anyone knows where I can find a console and shifter, preferably not too terrible far from Nebraska. Thanks!

The '66 and '67 consoles have a detachable console "butt", because the '66-'67 Chargers had the extended console to the back of the rear seat. When the "B"-body styling changed in 1968, that butt was now molded into the body of the main console. So, even though the '66 - '70 "B" AND "C" consoles are essentially the same, that, along with the two different console tops (one has the "fins" to it, the other is woodgrained), are the only real difference. Of course, four-speed consoles are different from the autos, but are also interchangeable between "B" and "C".

The "A"-body console is completely different that either the "B" or "C".

I do have a '66-'67 tan auto consoie that I might sell.

Would like to see pics of your console. If you're not in a hurry to sell, I am still trying to work out how to get a title for mine. Nebraska sucks when it comes to titles on older cars.

Back