1966 Window run channels renew

Verse

Reaction score
Has any one experienced replacing the window run channels? I am looking to renew the ones in the front doors of my 2 dr Newport. What do I purchase and from who?
Laurence

Word of caution the new ones do fit a lot tighter.
They are correct and do fit but rolling the window up and down can be harder.
I ended up using a good used set for my car.
boab june 2017 004.JPG

I'd really have to dig to find the remaining set I have stashed, but if you really need the info let me know. Keep in mind the replacements, whether Mopar OEM or aftermarket, are one size-fits-all-cut-to-length, so Nigel knows what/where they are. Keep in mind also he is literally swamped with business (a good thing!), so he may not be able to get back to you right away. I got the OEM Mopar ones from Nigel and they worked perfectly, and were not too tight as described above by Leaburn.

I had the same problem which is not good when you have power windows. Wound up using some of the old slider/keeper parts and got it working. Still a bit on the tight side. Lots of silicone spray helps.

You have to pay attention to what was originally used on your 66. I have seen the style like the mopar nylon type with wings, also same style but just a nylon u channel without the outboard wings. Some also only use the nylon blocks attached to both top and bottom of glass. If windows are too tight then I am almost certain the material should be installed without the wings. You can use the repros and trim these off with a razor blade or scissors. Hope this helps.
Dave

Needed the wings to hold the glass in place. The new ones were slightly different and I feel this is where the problem is.

The nylon blocks that are attached to the top and bottom of glass are meant to keep the glass and the nylon channel in place
Dave

I'm kicking myself in the arse' for not pulling the trigger a few years back when Nigel had a few NOS sets...:(

i got mine from the dealer. they were a $100 a side. took them a week to show up fit pefect. were hard to put in. i assembled the whole thing on the bench and then put it in the door. be careful and don't let it come apart when putting it in door. once you tear or bend the plastic channel your screwed. start crying on your way to dealer to order another one

Hello just joined this forum hello from Idaho. I’m starting to get my 66 sport fury put back together. It’s was disassembled before I got it and am starting with the glass so glad to find this discussion as I spent the last two days trying to figure out what you call that part and looking for new ones.

Back