1966sportfuryconsole

Inspector71

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here but not to Chrysler. I've been on For A and B Bodies for some time but finally got around to joining this one. My question is about a 66 Sport Fury. It has a console that is in bad shape (the plastic). I've been told that a 68-70 B-Body console is the same and would work. I have all the other pieces, doors, lights, and so forth. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

I haven't heard of that swap before.

I have.

fn6xys.jpg

1966 fury 15.jpg1966 fury 16.jpg

Thats a 66 sport Fury console... dont know about a B body console. Welcome to the board

1966 fury 15.jpg

1966 fury 16.jpg

. My question is about a 66 Sport Fury. It has a console that is in bad shape (the plastic). I've been told that a 68-70 B-Body console is the same and would work. I have all the other pieces, doors, lights, and so forth. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
Welcome Inspector71........... As you can see you have entered into the world of demented C body enthusiast. Things are kind of on the light side around here, but there is a lot of knowledge too..... Just gotta pick through it all..... Have fun

OHHhh....... Yes.... 66-70 C & B body console bodys are the same.....

Thanks for the replies. I sold the car to my younger brother but I still have it and I'm trying to fix and finish it for him. It was a greenish color, forgot the correct name, with a 318 poly. I bought it when I still lived in California. I had the engine rebuilt because it had a lot of miles on it, ran hot, and I wanted to upgrade to a 4 barrel and bigger cam. Added dual exhaust too. Well, after that, it was faster but still ran hot. Why rebuild the poly? The mechanic told me it would be easier to do that than swap in a 383. I was still naive. After driving it for years, the cooling problem got worse. I tried everything but no luck. After moving to the Midwest, it finally started shooting radiator fluid up through the heads. We found it under the intake, in the cylinders, and in the oil pan. You name it. I bought a 440 out of a 69 Super Bee with tranny from a "friend." He neglected to tell me he was keeping the intake, carb, and kick down linkage. I talked me into March under driven pulleys and a new aluminum radiator. One mod after another and more work. I still haven't found a pulley for the power steering pump. The March one won't go on. Anyway, a friend has a 66 Fury III with a 440 and I might buy that one to replace the one I sold. Sorry to rattle on. Looks like a great forum.

I am hoping to add leaf springs, the ones on the Fury are sagging like a gangster and a few other mods. It has sat for so long. It has Keystone Klassics too.

Last edited:
Don`t waste your time on adding leaves to your stack, it will only give you a harsher ride. Either have your old ones re-arched or buy new.

Thanks for the replies. I am thinking of going with a 68 B Body console. Thanks for the info on the leaf springs too. I didn't know that. No, you folks aren't demented, you're interesting and informative and drive cool cars so I like it already.

Back