1967 300 2-Door 440, 12 second qtr mile?

USMC67300

Reaction score
I went to the spring test and tune races this past Saturday. It must have been the race fuel in the air but it made me wonder what (besides money) it would take to make my 67 300 a 12 second car. She is very close to stock with the exception of a Lunati Cam and Edelbrock.

67 Chrysler 300.jpg

Last edited:
...it made me wonder what (besides money) it would take to make my 67 300 a 12 second car. She is very close to stock with the exception of a Lunati Cam and Edelbrock.
You're going to need a true 500 hp at the rear wheels.
You'll never be able to get that with your current engine. EVERYTHING (!!!!) has gotta go and the bare block is going to have some $uper-duper work done to it. Along with a complete race Torque-flite. Oh, don't forget the rear end, tires, etc.
I'll build the motor for free for ya if you foot the bill for the part$.

Does that offer stand for anyone on the board or just strangers in New York?

That's funny! I'm moving to Sebring, FL, I have 2 to build right now! Unless that only includes engines for C-bodies...
To the original poster, love the car, originally silver?

Stan, can I get an appointment to have a 400 rebuilt. Strike that, if I'm going to have anything rebuilt it's going to be a 440.

I'll buy the beer!

:icon_pidu:

Just kidding

Offer applies to 440's seeking 500+ hp only.
Engine must be removed from vehicle and all fluids drained.
Disassembly and assembly only. Owner does all the go-fer work including fetching beer.
Any and all parts from 440 Source will be refused.
One offer per household only.
Not redeemable for cash.
This offer may be changed or cancelled at any time without notice.
Tax, title, and any additional fees extra.
Your actual mileage may vary.
Under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Warning. Unprofessional builder in an open shop. Do not attempt.

Last edited:
Disassembly and assembly only. Owner does all the go-fer work including fetching beer.
Not redeemable for cash.
Just like any other offer, lots of fine print and disclaimers. LOL

I guess it must have been the race fuel in the air LOL. I did one of those 1/4 mile calculators online and it did show a need for 500 plus HP for 3800 lb car.

My car had one re-paint about 10 years ago, same lady owned it from Feb 1967 until 1998. I called the dealership she bought it from, same family owned Chrysler dealership.

Not redeemable for cash.

Can that offer be made to include "B" engines? :D

Why in gawds name would you do that for????

I wouldn't! I'm partial to the northern latitudes.

That is kool, one owner car for 31 years, let's see some more pics of that beauty!

Oh, fer petesakes, go for it:

505 HP 500 Wedge Motor, that's what i am talking about. Isn't she pretty!

500 HP wedge.jpg

505 HP 500 Wedge Motor, that's what i am talking about. Isn't she pretty!
Very pretty but I can come up with a dozen reasons why you're better off using a "seasoned" 440 block over an aftermarket block.

And when I really want to start a bar room fight, I can easily argue that you're better off using 452 iron heads over new aluminum heads.

I get into more clashes with those immature moron boneheads over at Moparts who don't know their *** from their elbow about the whys and wherefors on building a sensible street engine. They all want 600 hp so they can travel 5 miles once a week to their local Dairy Queen cruise night and raise their hood like an erect penis. Without their maxed out credit card and someone to do the work for them, most of them couldn't replace a thermostat. You can really tell the real idiots when a topic begins: "Are 440 Source (fill in the blank) any good" or "what is the cheapest stroker kit"...
Another one: "Are Lunati cams any good?" It all depends on your application you ^%$#-ing moron...:icon_spiderman:

Last edited:
That is funny and true Commando1, except for the part about the 452 heads, why wouldn't you use the 915 casting?

That is funny and true Commando1, except for the part about the 452 heads, why wouldn't you use the 915 casting?
A Mopar mag ( I forget which one) did a flow test and the 452 heads topped the charts. Plus they have extra cooling passages.
Get a shop that can do programmed porting and it will flow at least as good as Edelbrocks.
Besides, I hate aluminum. Real men use iron.:D

Back