1967 300 Vert - Classic Auto Air Universal Under Dash Kit

Cortez

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these kits? If so is this it or do you need to buy additional parts and how do they perform.
1010-EVAPORATOR-UNDERDASH-WITH-BRUSHED-FACIA.jpg

I had one in a car many years ago. That is basically the evaporator. You still need a compressor and a condenser as well as lines and freon.

I'm wondering if I should try to find a compatible factory unit
Putting a factory unit in is going to be a TON of work.

Besides sourcing the parts, you'll need to make changes to the dash and firewall... You ready to pull the dash? Honestly, if I were doing that conversion, I'd look for a parts car... Just sourcing the dash pieces that were missing on my 300 was a PITA. I've got way too much time and $$ in mine... and that was a factory air car that had the A/C removed years ago.

You would be lots of time, frustration, and probably money ahead to get an aftermarket unit. I have no experience with Classic Air so I can't say one way or the other about them. I have read that Vintage Air is really good, again, no personal experience with them.

Sheesh I thought this was a cut and dry upgrade, hell this will be its own project...at the bottom of the to do list. Thanks

Back