1967 Chrysler 300

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
FCBO'ers.

This thread originated with a for sale listing, added a dash of members helping members, and finally me as the proud new owner of a 1967 Chrysler 300.

SOLD - One local to me....

I will start with a few posts from the original thread, and wind up documenting the rest of the story here.

On occasion I will be looking for help from people who know much much about this era 300 than I do.

Thanks for looking/helping me out if you can.

00o0o_3ptxvuwzkab_600x450-jpg.jpg
00x0x_7oyaw8w600m_600x450-jpg.jpg

seller description:
  • Sacremento dealer demo car with lic. plate frame still present.
  • Original Bill of Sale
  • 70k miles
  • Spruce Green exterior w/ black bucket seat interior
  • 440 CID, 375hp/480 ft-lbs tq (hp manifolds, dual snorkel air cleaner, chrome valve covers
  • 727 TF shifts smooth and quick
  • Factory disc brakes rebuilt in 2016, booster could use a rebuild
  • Power windows need attention, both doors roll up and down
  • Power driver seat
  • Factory tinted glass
  • Car runs and drives excellent (has been on road trips to Eugene multiple time.
  • Carb rebuilt, electronic ignition added in 2015
  • Extra parts include spare "disc brake" wheel covers, heater box rebuild kit and a few other odds and ends.
Slick, rare and original HP c-body cars don't come up often You'll need to inspect the car in person before we make a deal. I'm happy to bring the car to town for inspection as it needs to be driven. Price lowered to $5500 OBO must go out of storage space. This is a special car!

Pickup Day

563912663-2-jpg.jpg

563912630-2-jpg.jpg

Delivery Day 5 days later

00-1-2-3-jpg.jpg

00-1-2-2-3-jpg.jpg

couple details and now we are almost up to date:

img9566081-jpg.jpg

00-1-2-2-2-jpg.jpg
resized952018081595154442959976-jpg.jpg
resized95201808159515442695932-jpg.jpg

Spring update. going in for paint/body this week. couple things and a little help on number 4 please?

1. yes, I am going with THOSE wheels and tires. some 90's era Prime wheels, 15x8, polished aluminum, plastic caps, 245/60 Wingfoots. be gentle, i'm an "Old Man with a Hat" :)

2. original color so no changes. i happen to like green (pine green metallic to be exact, paint code "G"). plus , its a real "L" code, TNT, a**-thumper .. it can be whatever color it wants to be. :)

3. nothing wrong with hood fitment -- its just not closed all the way.

4. some closeups of a few trim pieces.. any body give me a clue on coloring/original looks? what stops the pass. mirror from spinning around -- get new one? reddish strip on grille supposed to be there?

5. an aside -- all four original wheels have tangs for poverty-mount caps. my 68 Fury I, ex-Virginia Statie, SuperCommando coupe had similar wheels.

00-1-2-5-1-jpg.jpg
00-1-2-5-0-jpg.jpg
00-1-2-4-jpg.jpg
00-1-2-5-5-jpg.jpg
00-1-2-5-3-jpg.jpg
00-1-2-5-4-jpg.jpg
00-1-2-6-jpg.jpg
00-1-2-8-jpg.jpg
00-1-2-9-jpg.jpg

Polara_500 helping me out below with THIS question from me from the other thread:

4. some closeups of a few trim pieces.. any body give me a clue on coloring/original looks? what stops the pass. mirror from spinning around -- get new one? reddish strip on grille supposed to be there?

#4 - there's a stud that screws into the mount that comes out the bottom front of the mirror base that gets a nut from the inside of the door to hold it in place, along with a screw through the rear of the base. See the red arrow on the d/s mirror, p/s mirror shown alongside altho the stud has been removed from that one - I was playing with making another remote p/s mirror. They both fasten the same way.

upload_2019-3-3_13-38-49-png.png

Anybody else know about other details that help me touch up a few things? Thanks for your help in advance.

Spring update. going in for paint/body this week. couple things and a little help on number 4 please?

1. yes, I am going with THOSE wheels and tires. some 90's era Prime wheels, 15x8, polished aluminum, plastic caps, 245/60 Wingfoots. be gentle, i'm an "Old Man with a Hat" :)

2. original color so no changes. i happen to like green (pine green metallic to be exact, paint code "G"). plus , its a real "L" code, TNT, a**-thumper .. it can be whatever color it wants to be. :)

3. nothing wrong with hood fitment -- its just not closed all the way.

5. an aside -- all four original wheels have tangs for poverty-mount caps. my 68 Fury I, ex-Virginia Statie, SuperCommando coupe had similar wheels.

View attachment 265951View attachment 265952View attachment 265953View attachment 265954View attachment 265955View attachment 265956View attachment 265957View attachment 265958View attachment 265959

Nice car that I'm guessing was bough right.

1. Your car, your choice of wheels. Personally, I'd prefer a set of 15" chrome Magnum 500 wheels.

2. Glad you are sticking with the original color. I own 2 green cars and have had others and really like some of the shades of greens Chrysler used so good for you in keeping it the original color.

4. Need to replace the mirror - the repops are cheap and yours is broken. Since you are going with new paint, buy new ones for both sides. Recommend MOPAR9999 on eBay.

5. The original rims are rare and highly sought after. The '66 - '67 & maybe the '68 disc brake C Body cars used those police car spec rims that took a specficic type of dog dish hub cap that was rounded, smooth and have some groves in going around them. A set of 4 of those rims is worth $500 to the right person. I know that Murray Park was looking for some for one of his cars a few years back. I don't know if he is still looking. If there are parts that you need, maybe you can work out a parts swap deal with him. Tell him Bill from Connecticut told you to contact him.

Don't know if the red is correct, but I like the outline. Nice car, though.

Hard to tell in this brochure shot, but it might be red.

1967-chrysler-1.jpg

Here's a pic of a grille

br5.jpg

Last edited:
I LOVE those wheels...

just me and you, and a couple others so far boss :)

I DO like the magnums FURYGT talked about. I have a couple of reproduced OEM style sets for a wider stance .. but i wanted a different look for now. The locals never saw the Primes ..plus i have what i think is a really cool center cap update for them -- involves a Pentastar :)

Don't know if the red is correct, but I like the outline. Nice car, though.

Hard to tell in this brochure shot, but it might be red.

View attachment 265991

Here's a pic of a grille

View attachment 265992

red outline looks like answer ...its looks more like a "regal" red vs a "bright" red but i gotta dig into that.

thx chief for the extra effort!

i have an NOS grill stored up for mine if you need a pic of the red. But here is a sample.
300 grill.jpg

Steve

Looks like the same red used on the late '60's Barracuda and '68 Sport Fury trunk finish panel red paint.

5. The original rims are rare and highly sought after. The '66 - '67 & maybe the '68 disc brake C Body cars used those police car spec rims that took a specficic type of dog dish hub cap that was rounded, smooth and have some groves in going around them. A set of 4 of those rims is worth $500 to the right person. I know that Murray Park was looking for some for one of his cars a few years back. I don't know if he is still looking. If there are parts that you need, maybe you can work out a parts swap deal with him. Tell him Bill from Connecticut told you to contact him.

I have a couple of sets of these wheels. 15 in and 14 inch, for other cars. also have set of the rounded, smooth caps, couple of sets too

IMG_6795.JPG
IMG_6796.JPG
IMG_6800.JPG

on a car .. NOT MINE -- local ex Michigan Statie (restored)

00-1-2-4.jpg
00-1-2-5-0.jpg

That is quite a car you have there. Beautiful color too. I can't recall ever seeing those wheels before but it is a good look with the RWL tires. Those original steel rims and disc brake hubcaps are worth something to someone. Or you can hang onto them if you ever want to go back to all stock. Keep us posted on any progress. Congrats on your find.

I see no evidence this emblem had any colors .. thoughts? I was thinking RW&B in the center?
00-1-2-5-3-jpg-jpg.jpg

Back