SOLD 1967 Chrysler/Dodge Colour & Trim Selector Dealer Book - Canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry4261

Reaction score
Contact seller
For sale is a Very Rare 1967 Chrysler/Dodge Colour & Trim Selector Dealer Book (Canadian Version). This Dealer book was used to select Interior Fabric Samples/Colors and Exterior Paint Samples. This is a Dealer hardcovered book that has 22 double pages (44 pages of samples) for fabric/color selections and 30 samples of Exteror Paint options for various brands/models. This book covers the following Brands/Models - Chrysler - New Yorker, 300, Newport Custom, Newport and Town and Country. Dodge Models - Coronet R/T, 500, 440 and Deluxe - Dart GT, 270 and 170. Dodge Monaco 500, Monaco, Polara 500, Polara and Charger. The book is in good average condition. As always, I try to give an accurate description of the overall condition of anything I sell. All of the pages have yellowing along the edges. All of the Interior Fabric Samples are in very good condition. The paint samples are all intact and in very good condition. The Vinyl top samples are in very good condition, the Pillar Applique samples are in very good condition, The 4 samples of the convertible top ARE MISSING. The book does show signs of wear and there is some yellowing and a few water spots. The piece was in a basement for many years and has a musty smell which should subside after being exposed to air. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will respond accordingly. I was only able to attached 10 photos and can provide more upon request.
Asking price is $200 plus shipping.

The book also comes with 5 pages of 1967 Dodge Truck samples to include models, available exterior colors and fabric samples. Doesn't look like it was part of the original book but was included when I purchased item. This will be included in sale as well. Photos in threads below.

DSCN1640[1].JPG

DSCN1641[1].JPG

DSCN1642[1].JPG

DSCN1643[1].JPG

DSCN1646[1].JPG

DSCN1645[1].JPG

DSCN1647[1].JPG

DSCN1655[1].JPG

DSCN1654[1].JPG

DSCN1658[1].JPG

Last edited:
I presume that it says somewhere that it's the Canadian version?
Yes, it says it in 2 spots in the book. I was only able to post 10 pictures on the original listing and did not include either of those pictures. Below you will see the picture with the verbiage that shows it's the Canadian Version. Let me know if you have any other questions.

DSCN1651[1].JPG

I don't know if this would work, but I'd be willing to kick in $25 if there was a group willing to buy this, with the intent of scanning each page to create as best a digital copy of this as possible, with the intent of making the results publically available. Then draw straws to select who gets the actual book.

I don't know if this would work, but I'd be willing to kick in $25 if there was a group willing to buy this, with the intent of scanning each page to create as best a digital copy of this as possible, with the intent of making the results publically available. Then draw straws to select who gets the actual book.
Again, it appears that the book is Complete with the exception of the material samples of the Convertible Tops. Nice used original piece, just shows some wear as mentioned in description. Added another photo below showing the other Dodge Models included in the book.

DSCN1644[1].JPG

Last edited:
The book also comes with 5 pages of 1967 Dodge Truck samples to include models, available exterior colors and fabric samples. Doesn't look like it was part of the original book but was included when I purchased item. This will be included in sale as well.

DSCN1660[1].JPG

DSCN1661[1].JPG

For some reason your link is coded to http://tramck-historical.com/ even though I can see it's displayed as www.hamtramck-historical.com

Are you saying they already have a scanned copy of this book?
They do have the ‘67 Dodge color & trim available to view but in my opinion there’s nothing like holding the originals and this price is very fair. Doug scanned it for them maybe he can tell us how different, if any, this book is being Canadian.
@69CoronetRT

how different, if any, this book is being Canadian
The Canadian Polara and Monaco interiors are different.
Polara used Fury I interior. Polara 500 Fury II. MONACO FURY III and Monaco 500 used Sport Fury interior.
All Canadian C body Dodge models except Monaco 500 had slant six as standard power with 318 as no cost option.
Monaco 500 got the 318 with 383 and 440's as options.

For my money, at this point, $200 goes further to buy a switch or trim piece or something physical for (my) car. I'll never repaint my car, or get the seats re-reulpolstered.
But I am willing to pay $25 as part of an effort to get a good scan done (and get a copy of it). A good hi-res, color-correct scan can go a long way to show you what the correct fabrics looked like, texture and color wise. And if $25 buys me a lottery ticket for a 1 in 8 chance to win the book, so much the better. Only a very small part of that book would I have any interest in (the Polara / Monaco part).

Interesting that this book pairs Chrysler with Dodge, and not Plymouth, were they sold together at Canadian dealers that way too?

In Canada, 1967 was the first year the newly styled Dart was offered thanks to the 1965 Autopact agreement.
Prior to that Canada got Dart bodies badged as Valiants. Some years had Valiant front clips on the Dart's longer wheelbase.

Interesting that this book pairs Chrysler with Dodge, and not Plymouth, were they sold together at Canadian dealers that way too?
Canada sold Chrysler with Plymouth and with Dodge. This book is physically much larger than the US book and scanning it will be a challenge. I will check my copy to see if the vinyl roof swatches are present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back