1967 chrysler new yorker 2 door

lucky13demo

Reaction score
Hey guys I am a demo derby driver in pa and I just pulled a 1967 Chrysler new yorker 2 door out of the weed. My question is before I smash another Chrysler is there any value to this car the car is a 440 727 323 sure grip rear 4 position front brakes across and everything is power .... I can get a few pics and the vin # and body codes if it helps thanks:70s_rule:

Yes, post some pics and BTW,..smash Chevys or Fords,.never a MOPAR. WTF..!!
:brainfart:

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Agreed, please don't smash anymore of these great old Chryslers or Imperials and if you do for god sakes don't tell any of us that you are!

Of course it's worth something to somebody. Always! I think it's cool that you are looking for advise before you do anything with it.
I would SERIOUSLY love to see pictures of it.

Posted via Topify on Android

:worthless_thread:

I will trade you this for any good C-Body saved that is slated for a demo derby.

105_0854.jpg

105_0854.jpg

Smash chevies and phords........save the whales (Chryslers). Really now did you expect anyone here to condone such activities?

How is it that these dumb asses continue to mouth breathe. The thought process that goes into spending probably 100-150 man hours to modify a car to go out and smash into and get smashed by other half wits just baffles me, what an incredible waste of time. I say line them up and run them off a cliff, more entertaining for me as a spectator and whoever lives can take home half the door money.

The OP is a demo guy but he's interested in selling thus saving this one vs derbying it. Let's see how it plays out

Really that's not how I read it, he's fishing for people interested in the accessories and trim and parts to end up with a free derby car or profit, if I'm wrong and he wants to sell whole car PM me and I apologize in advance. If I'm right f@#& him.

It's pretty clear to me he's asking if anyone is interested in the car, but if not I'm sure he wouldn't mind selling parts if it's worth his while

Well,I'm not a fan of those derby guys either.Why destroy decent cars that can be used as parts donors or restored with enough TLC. I'm all for preserving what we have left instead of uselessly destroying what we have!

They don't destroy decent cars. I wish you guys would stop shooting from the hip whenever the word Derby is said.
They are cheap bastards. Cheaper than us. They scavange the bottom of the barrel. The cars we all walk away from because there is no saving them. They are the **** of the shitboxes.
How do they support their Derby monkey? They strip what they can off of them and sell the parts to us. For a lot cheaper dough than the usual channels.
Maybe these guys aren't Wall Street financiers but they know Economics at the basic level.
They are simply getting a little use out of rusted carcasses right before these carcasses were heading to the crusher anyway.
The biggest, worst, and most damage done to our cars are:
1. Young idiots whose cars eventually end up on CL with words like Super Awesome describing the wheels, paint, stereo, and exhaust.
2. Guys who let a car return to the earth because they are going to fix it up someday, and
3. Resto rodders, rat rodders, and flippers.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
I do not agree with your review, that is the way it should work, the way it really works is guy gets a lead on a decent car friend of a neighbor who died buys the car for a song they need to sell the house and it needs to go cause the 40 yd dumpster will be dropped in the driveway Monday. This guy pulls engine and trans to sell at swap meet cutting all things holding the engine in he sells remainder to derby dummy for 500 easy yeah 500 now this toothless cretin smashes glass, uses a crow bar to pull trim, beats the lights out with a hammer also knocks off the fender turn signal indicators that you were looking for. They don't want a rusted hulk they look for very structurally sound cars that can run a season, the rusty ones fold up too quick and won't win. The hulk after the special demo motor and trans out is still worth 300+ with all the weight added to the rails to stiffen. This started out as grandpa's old car down in the garage that ran when parked 20 years ago.

Back