1967 Chrysler Newport, selling soon, resolving title issues, what's it worth you think. Late son's - getting title issued to grandson. Altho

Bob_TX

Reaction score
Late son's - getting title issued to grandson soon we hope. Although it was started recently, local mopar expert thought it might have a blown head cover gasket leak due to gunk in the cooling system. Installed a new battery but there is a drain somewhere. We're thinking
$3000- 4000 but want you experts out there to set us straight. Thanks

IMG_4115.jpeg

IMG_4116.jpeg

IMG_4117.jpeg

IMG_4118.jpeg

IMG_4119.jpeg

IMG_4120.jpeg

IMG_4122.jpeg

Might get a better diagnosis of the cooling system issue. A blown head gasket can cause the cooling system to be over-pressurized and bulge the radiator hoses. Might also be leaking coolant into the cylinder(s), so a spark plug check might be in order. You can get a DIY kit to check for combustion gases in coolant at NAPA, either purchase or rent, I believe. Other than the fact it is a 4-dr sedan, it does look pretty good, but haven't looked at values lately.

Good luck with sale,
CBODY67

I'm very sorry for the loss of your son.

Regarding the car, I think the $3 to $4k might be a good figure if the problem isn't major. It would be worth finding out the problem before selling. If it's minor, stay closer to the $4k and adjust the price if the problem is more serious.

Google "Lisle 75500". This kit will help you determine if there is exhaust in the coolant. Good luck, Sorry for your loss.

Agreed, sorry on the loss of your son - there's no greater pain than loss of a child. (my parents can attest)

Also agreed to get a little more diagnosis on the engine, and try to do the electrical drain also. I'd verify that nothing in the new stereo stuff is causing it?

Aside from being a 4-door, it looks to be in very presentable condition and the interior looks new.
While a stock re-upholster would be worth the most, this one has a little pizazz without being gaudy.
Matches the good paint color quite well. (it's too bad it's not the original color, or that they didn't do the door jambs to be thorough).

If the engine does need a head gasket, but car can still do test drives, I'd put it at $3000-3500ish.
If it needs a whole engine, drop that by 1000 or so. Nobody will buy a 'new' engine for it, it'll be someone that will put a good used engine in, and likely a guy will buy it because he can do it himself.

Make sure to keep the price high enough to keep the derby guys away!

Back