1967 Fury body measures

jippek

Reaction score
Hello.

I would need some help with the measures of the body. The car is in the body shop at the moment and we are starting to build the trunk floor, wheel housings and the quarter panels.

The measure we would need is the distance between the quarter panel and frame beam OR at least the distance of the quarter panels, from side to side. As the whole rear end was in a such bad condition and not original, we don't know how wide is the body. Perhaps if someone would measure and take the picture of the place measured? For example a couple of pictures, one from the very end and one right after the wheel arc.

Thanks already in advance,

JP

I'll check mine out tomorrow and give you some measurements and pictures.

Hey, I got a question. I was looking in my trunk today, and there are lots of places to measure. Do you have any pictures of what it looks like so I can get a better idea of what dimensions you're needing?
Thanks

Hey, I got a question. I was looking in my trunk today, and there are lots of places to measure. Do you have any pictures of what it looks like so I can get a better idea of what dimensions you're needing?
Thanks

Hi,

the rear looks like this:

When we put the quarter panels on place, it is a bit difficult to put them exactly to right alignment. We were thinking that the measure from the quarter panel to frame beam shown in this picture would do the trick:

But the main purpose is to find out the correct width of the body, so any measure after the wheel arcs will help us :)

Thanks, JP

Howdy. Here are a few random pics and dimensions. Let me know if there are some other measurements needed.

Floor to roof lid, 19 in

PB030091.jpg

Witch of trunk opening 53 in inside lip, 55 outside edge of seal.
PB030087.jpg
Quarter panel and wheel well gap, appx 2 inches.
PB030088.jpg
Trunk lid hinges apx 55 in.

PB030090 measure.jpg

PB030091.jpg

PB030087.jpg

PB030088.jpg

PB030090 measure.jpg

Million thanks, we shall do the initial setup and I will come back if we need some additional measures.

JP

Back