1967 fury break job

67 sport fury

Reaction score
This weekend i got the ball rolling of 1967 Sport Fury disc break conversion. I found a 1973 fury in a junkyard in SC an got the spindles, brackets, Calibers, an dust covers an rotors off it. The car however did not have a master cylinder or booster left to get. Just wanted to know where i could get them new or rebuilt but would like to get good ones that fit an stop this boat.

Any decent parts store will have the master cylinder. Does your car have power drums now? If not, then you'll need the power brake pedal assembly. The pedals do not interchange between power and manual brake systems. That will be a salvage yard find - 65-68 power brake pedal will work. Someone on the board here will have one that you can buy.

The booster is a bit more of a challenge, but again, you may be able to get it from a parts store.

Does your car have console shift? If it does (Sport Furies usually do), then you can use the 71-73 single diaphragm disc booster. They look like this, and while not technically correct, it will bolt up and work - you may have to do a bit of modification to the backing plate behind your drum brake booster. They are fairly easy to find from parts stores.

71-73 Disc Brake Booster
71-73 Disc Brake Booster.jpg

However, if you've got column shift, you're pretty much stuck with trying to find an original 65-68 Bendix dual diaphragm disc booster. They're hard to find, but they're out there.

65-68 Disc Brake Booster

65-68 Disc Brake Booster.jpg

Any decent parts store will have the master cylinder. Does your car have power drums now? If not, then you'll need the power brake pedal assembly. The pedals do not interchange between power and manual brake systems. That will be a salvage yard find - 65-68 power brake pedal will work. Someone on the board here will have one that you can buy.

The booster is a bit more of a challenge, but again, you may be able to get it from a parts store.

Does your car have console shift? If it does (Sport Furies usually do), then you can use the 71-73 single diaphragm disc booster. They look like this, and while not technically correct, it will bolt up and work - you may have to do a bit of modification to the backing plate behind your drum brake booster. They are fairly easy to find from parts stores.

71-73 Disc Brake Booster
View attachment 478779

However, if you've got column shift, you're pretty much stuck with trying to find an original 65-68 Bendix dual diaphragm disc booster. They're hard to find, but they're out there.

65-68 Disc Brake Booster

View attachment 478778
ok thanks for your help an if anyone has the power brake pedal assembly for sell let me know.

Back