1967 fury convert. from flintstone drive to a beauty in 4 years - part 1

This is NOT asbestos, it is a little bit "creamy" and a kind of wet - almost like grease...the heat transfer from the spot welding increases to the whole surface of this cream, no warping. And you can us it several times.

Last edited:
Nice work
i did my 67 vert rust work
complete floor pan from firewall to trunk
both frame rails,rear panel in trunk,also replaced the hood,trunk lid(took 2 to make one),both doors .front and rear inner fender wells.

Metal work like this is like art for me. You, sir, are a true craftsman. You are the only man I've seen to be able to get those awful Sherman aftermarket panels to look right.

You are right, it took a long time to got the Sherman Parts right:

I had to replace the sheetmetal in front of the wheelhouses...

DSCN2190.jpgDSCN2199.jpgIMG_0016.jpgIMG_0020.jpg

DSCN2190.jpg

DSCN2199.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

That is EXACTLY the piece I screwed up horribly. Same cut lines and all only it went down to the rocker in front of the wheel opening. The factory bonded that area to the inner rocker. I couldn't believe it. My hat really goes off to you. Yah, it was the same Sherman piece...

attachment.php

It went off to the new owner with it held on by vise clips and tack welds. I showed him the pictures. He said he could handle it and even volunteered to throw in a few bucks for the grips. Never heard from him again. I would love to know what happened.

Last edited:
This post is pure enjoyment. I do have a question. How does one make the groove impressions? Talk about a labor of love.

Look at posting from 9/9. Then look at pics 4 & 5. Just curious how that's done. Didn't know what else to call it Stan. :parts book:

Back