Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_John

Illegitimi non carborundum
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine etc. Near Syracuse.
This one is near me, I can look at it if anyone is serious.. and looking at the ad, someone needs to jump on this.

1967 Chrysler Imperial Convertible
1967 Chrysler Imperial Convertible - 2 door
330 or 440 engine, unsure which
Blue with white convertible top
Automatic
Solid body
Good project car
Has been in storage for several years
$ 2500.00 or best

00p0p_eCNH3xqhn5k_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_3NIzgzzSvRk_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_6fvLP1nMGTX_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_hVUY2oKbjSa_1200x900.jpg

00a0a_6YRl79x6wkU_1200x900.jpg

Unless you can see the ground through the floors, it's a bargain at that price. :thumbsup:

Son of a *****!

I texted him and he replied pretty quickly. No surprises that he is busy fielding calls on this car since he posted the ad a day ago. This would be one of my top color choices for this car. Hopefully I will get him to send some interior pics.

Let me know Matt. My calendar is pretty clear and I can look at this car any time.

I texted him and he replied pretty quickly. No surprises that he is busy fielding calls on this car since he posted the ad a day ago. This would be one of my top color choices for this car. Hopefully I will get him to send some interior pics.

If it has good floors and your interested you might want to move on this one Matt. It should be in the family here. Heck, It might be better than a wagon for me.
Won't last I think.

I spoke with the owner, they've had it for 25 years and they used to drive it regularly during the season but she doesn't remember how long it's been parked which is kind of strange. It has a black interior which is also kind of strange and it's not rustfree, probably at least one repaint. The next question is have the mice stayed out of the engine and interior.

You all realize this is the last thing I need so if somebody else is interested here please by all means....

Get it Matt!! Don't let it sail away. Like said earlier, parts along would be worth it.

You all realize this is the last thing I need so if somebody else is interested here please by all means....

hey, i "resemble" that remark. :)

its the hardest part of my "addiction" to fight - grabbin' stuff I don't "need". I still need somebody to save me from myself on occasion.

anyway that '67 Imp vert seems to be worth saving and needs a good home since this owner did their best to save it but has gone as far as she can with it .. if not you hope someone, somewhere in the world like you gets it.

That one is just beyond gorgeous !!!! :thumbsup:

and from the pictures looks pretty clean ,,,,,,,,, :steering:

I spoke with the owner, they've had it for 25 years and they used to drive it regularly during the season but she doesn't remember how long it's been parked which is kind of strange. It has a black interior which is also kind of strange and it's not rustfree, probably at least one repaint. The next question is have the mice stayed out of the engine and interior.
Judging by the underhood insulation and the frass on the air cleaner the mice have been to work.... not that one can be sure by that but worth noting.

I just got back from looking at the car.

They've cleaned up under the hood and made it look more presentable.

The good: It appears to be complete. The engine turned over freely.

The bad: There's a lot of Bondo repairs that are blistering through. Lower rear quarters are a sculpture of Bondo. Paint is blistering, looks like an old lacquer job to me. All of the interior surfaces were funky like a junk car.

Bottom line: This is an Upstate New York car that has had its share of winter driving. It was given an amateur restoration 30 years ago, driven for a while and then put away. It's for sale now because the owner passed away.

The price is fair... but it's no steal. This would make a good parts car. If you wanted a project, I would suggest starting with something nicer.

Thanks again Big John! It's bittersweet to hear about the condition of it. I needed it but I really didn't need it...:thankyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back