Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
Pricy but rare...….
1967 dodge monaco 500 hard top

00o0o_ae099cptI7n_1200x900.jpg

Yes...…. , nice color but not original. To much money.

17K and the engine compartment doesn't even match the body color. At least he could have repainted it the original gold and just cleaned up under the hood.

I think I'm more confused with why a Plymouth engine would be in a dodge.
That's not to say that anything makes it a Plymouth engine other than the pie tin with the words "Super Commando" but with all the f***ery on this car, is definately have to see a fender tag verifying that it was originally a 440 car. Even then, 17,000 is a crazy stretch for this particular car.

I think I'm more confused with why a Plymouth engine would be in a dodge.
That's not to say that anything makes it a Plymouth engine other than the pie tin with the words "Super Commando" but with all the f***ery on this car, is definately have to see a fender tag verifying that it was originally a 440 car. Even then, 17,000 is a crazy stretch for this particular car.

I always wonder why they always feel the need to leave the pie plate on the air cleaner even if it is the wrong one or the car did not have a plate to begin with. Says to me that this is a flipper who knows nothing about the car.

Dave

definately have to see a fender tag verifying that it was originally a 440 car. Even then, 17,000 is a crazy stretch for this particular car.
Poster listed the VIN...
VIN: DP23L74227160
So it is a premium car and it is a 440 car...

And it is a wayyyy over priced car....

From the pictures, a snazzy fancy Dodge. 440/375. A '67 with side marker lights? Price is pricey, for sure. The car seems nice, for sure, but with the color mis-matches? The unexplained air cleaner logo, AND the requisite "some rust" around the rear window? Disc brakes, too! An "assemblage" of some pretty nice parts and pieces.

Wondering if there's not something hidden under that re-paint? Even in TX, that factory gold paint held up better than other colors seemed to, so "up there", it should have been better, I suspect. Might have not worried about the engine compartment color as it matched the air cleaner?

Somebody'll probably fall in love with it (in spite of its "issues") and the rest will be history.

CBODY67

I believe that Chrysler offered a kit to put the 68 side markers on older year cars for those safety conscious folks. I'd bet some dealers added them on leftover cars to make them look like 68's.

I believe that Chrysler offered a kit to put the 68 side markers on older year cars for those safety conscious folks. I'd bet some dealers added them on leftover cars to make them look like 68's.
Always wondered about that. I've seen a few with them but couldnt figure it out.

We had "some rust and a little bondo" under the vinyl top and around the rear window on the 1967 Monaco 500 we are restoring for a customer (the car looked pretty nice you could just see a little bubbling under the vinyl top) and after all rust and bondo was removed it was over $2000 of labor alone to properly make all the needed repairs (fabricating and solid welding patch panels and window channels). This did not even include any refinish labor or materials. I agree he is about 10000 high on this car but is is very rare with the wicker interior option and 375HP engine.

Disc brake booster with a drum brake master cylinder. The car has 15" wheels but I can't tell if the wheel covers say disc brake or not.

It is wearing a rather old Connecticut license plate.

Disc brake booster with a drum brake master cylinder. The car has 15" wheels but I can't tell if the wheel covers say disc brake or not.

It is wearing a rather old Connecticut license plate.
Says it's in Ridgefield, CT. I'm sort of hankering to go see it regardless of my skepticism.

Car is worth a closer look. If the car is solid and mechanically sound then asking price isn't an unreasonable place to start negotiations.

I know of a 67 New Yorker for sale with a Super Commando pie tin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back