1967 Plymouth Fury 3 Hardtop

furyus 67

Reaction score
Hey guys, i figure i should start a project thread. As of right now shes a stock fury 3. Non original drivetrain or interior. According to the p/o he pulled it out of field in AZ. No motor and cooked interior.He replaced the interior and dropped in a low milage 318. Its an original a 318 car also. My plans so far are to lower it, put some 18 detroitsteel wheels and drop a 413 w/ a mopar purple cam and weind intake.Its gonna be a family carshow cruiser. I'm picking up a 67 newyorker with the 413 in the next week. Any way heres my project and in advance thanks for any input.

20150304_204405.jpg

20150304_204451.jpg

20150304_204322.jpg

20150304_204257.jpg

Last edited:
I'm digging the turn signal indicators on the front fenders. Will be interesting to see what mods you will have to make to accommodate a 413 into a 318 car. Looking forward to your build.

I was hoping to see a 318 to 440 swap on this forum but I haven't found that yet.

This is a very kool car and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. 4 door hdtp with a great roofline!

Thanks. Ive heard the 413 is an odd swap, but its dirt cheap to do righ now. Im looking forward to the smashed fingers and bloody knuckles.

The wheel covers are temporary. At least until i can find some wheels i like. I ordered my carb today,edelbrock 650. And picked up these beauties! Hoping to have the Newyorker and the 413 home by early next week. Then the fun begins!!!

20150309_194638.jpg

the hubcaps make it look like a Land speed car I like it your car has some character

Thanks, i thought they looked better than the stockers.I tried talking my wife into letting me paint "B.S. Flats " on the rear 1/4. Give it a matching patina, kinda like a Bonneville Salt Flats officials car of the day.I thought the "B. S." was a funny pun but she didnt see it!

The smallest you can get in those smooth steelies is 18 X 8.
My opinion is you will have huge clearance issues, esecially up front.

I'm digging the turn signal indicators on the front fenders. Will be interesting to see what mods you will have to make to accommodate a 413 into a 318 car. Looking forward to your build.

I was hoping to see a 318 to 440 swap on this forum but I haven't found that yet.

Well you are in luck. Externally all the RB's are identical so it's the same swap. I ran a '65 413 in a 68 RR for a while then put it in my 70 RR. Was fun when people asked what engine was in it expecting 383 or 440 and I told them 413. Just something different to talk about.

Nice project....post a lot of pictures.

If that engine in the 67 NY'er is the original engine.......it would be a 440. Last year for a 413 was 1965.

commando1- Im counting on having some clearance issues but I'm sure I can solve them with a saw and some welding. There's gonna be a lot of fabrication involved with getting this car where I want it. Ive got a vision and by hook or by crook I'll make it happen with the help of some good friends. The wheels and airbags arent gonna happen till next winter . (hopefully )
1978NYB- The 413 was never in the NY'er. Its a 72 block and probly came out of a truck. i got the 413,2 727's and the NY'er for 800 bucks. The only thing i really wanted was the eng and trans. The car is pretty much a freebie! There will be pictured to follow! Thanks for the input guys, ii really appreciate it!!!

Yep, 413's were used in medium and heavy duty trucks up to 1979.

I got some more goodies in. Sundays the day im picking of the newyorker and fingers crossed I can get the 413 torn down for inspection tomorrow. Then let the fun begin.

photo.jpg

Back