1967 Plymouth Fury

fk5bird

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right spot to post and ask. Please move if it’s in the wrong spot. Thanks
This is a 1967 Plymouth Fury one owner parked since the 80’s.
It’s a 440 HP and looks untouched.
Real I believe numbers matching car. With fender tag.
I’m not a big C-body guy and looking to see if it’s worth saving or parting out.
Thanks for any input.

15BC3C6C-E2D1-4FFF-A71B-A66D60D9D9F4.jpeg

45AB6837-5ACC-4957-828C-69BF94732E6A.jpeg

2AB9606F-CD0A-46AA-B90A-84A60388B417.jpeg

4DA401A4-CD8E-4665-B978-3723C58E4E7C.jpeg

3241B6D6-D95E-4210-A803-A52A70CD2D23.jpeg

76CA7F2A-9EE5-48B9-9571-21B3E8623CA1.jpeg

CADA3253-819D-47FC-A8F3-BE6C70B4BD2F.jpeg

3C535D01-17CC-426E-9F6B-DF6828A8E0C6.jpeg

E034E0A5-FCEE-4AF7-B94E-FDEC6EB92A87.jpeg

B45E5B71-0AE6-4DCF-83B2-78041D9F9931.jpeg

It ran on a gas jug a few years ago from what I was told. I have not tried yet as it just came in. Bought some time ago and just came in.

Hard to tell from the pictures but to my untrained eye it looks like the drivers side fender and quarter panel are both shot.
Also probably wise to elaborate on what you mean by "worth saving". One could argue that, depending on definition, all the C bodies are worth saving.

If the frame & floor pans aren’t rotted out I would hang onto it & make a cop car clone or ultimate sleeper boulevard cruiser. From the pictures the body doesn’t look too bad. I always liked that color too. Good luck & have fun.

I think that's a fairly rare car. HP 440 with disc brakes, 3.23 Sure grip and not a cop car.

Bet it's got or had a trailer hitch...

If it's solid underneath, keep it or sell complete.

You would think a L Code Fury four door would be a police car but this isn't. U/1 on the fender tag means someone sat down and ordered it. 26" radiator without air means it was ordered with the towing package. So you start to get a story. Cool rig!

A lot is going to depend upon the state of the under body.
If it is decent, make it safe and drive the whee out of it.
What's the date on the registration or inspection sticker?

Last edited:
Save it all day long. Good shape unless it’s rotted beyond repair.

Even with the trunk floor issues, unless the front stub-frame also has issues, keep it and get it running (it'll be worth more money that way, even with the rust issues). Looks like lots of good parts there, too, provided they can be removed without damaging them. It has the markings of a 440HP engine, but check the carb number against the FSM specs to confirm that.

DO check the rest of the underbody when the temps allow that, so you know more about the condition of the car. If some can be easily patched, you can do that incrementally as possible.

I concur that it was an ordered-for-customer special ordered car with that combination of options. Which makes it a rarer vehicle. Unfortunately, "rare" does not always equate to "more valuable", unless it is somebody who knows what they are looking at. Otherwise, just another big-engine car to allow for donor powertrain parts, which is probably how a lot of them ended up.

Take care,
CBODY67

I think that's a fairly rare car. HP 440 with disc brakes, 3.23 Sure grip and not a cop car.

Bet it's got or had a trailer hitch...

If it's solid underneath, keep it or sell complete.
What else does the tag indicate? HD suspension or was that a given with the 440?

Even with the trunk floor issues, unless the front stub-frame also has issues, keep it and get it running (it'll be worth more money that way, even with the rust issues). Looks like lots of good parts there, too, provided they can be removed without damaging them. It has the markings of a 440HP engine, but check the carb number against the FSM specs to confirm that.

DO check the rest of the underbody when the temps allow that, so you know more about the condition of the car. If some can be easily patched, you can do that incrementally as possible.

I concur that it was an ordered-for-customer special ordered car with that combination of options. Which makes it a rarer vehicle. Unfortunately, "rare" does not always equate to "more valuable", unless it is somebody who knows what they are looking at. Otherwise, just another big-engine car to allow for donor powertrain parts, which is probably how a lot of them ended up.

Take care,
CBODY67
Good morning. It was a special order car. It ran about a year ago. It has the correct 440 carb for the motor as well. We will doing something with this week on getting it running. Thanks for you input. The under body is very good and front frame is very clean as well.

That is a very rare car!
L code 440 in a sedan? Wow!
Worth fixing up--do not part out!
It has been my observation so far 1967 L code C 's came with disc brakes as part of a package? Or required with the L code engine.

26" radiator without air means it was ordered with the towing package.
The towing package did not include disc brakes ironically.
The towing package had 11x3 drums all around and did not have automatic adjusters.
Also--this is a weird one--the L code came with the 26 inch rad BUT no fan clutch! Just a regular 4 blade fan!
But I prefer the 5 or 8 blade clutch fan regardless. Easy bolt on.

fk5bird posted on Facebook that he is parting it out unless he gets $4800 for it. So time for someone to step up!

The towing package did not include disc brakes ironically.
The towing package had 11x3 drums all around and did not have automatic adjusters.
Also--this is a weird one--the L code came with the 26 inch rad BUT no fan clutch! Just a regular 4 blade fan!
But I prefer the 5 or 8 blade clutch fan regardless. Easy bolt on.
Having owned both '67 & '68 L-code C's I found there to be various differences between the two despite being so similar. '67 came standard with power discs, HD suspension & cooling whereas it was optional in '68. The HD cooling in '67 included a 26" radiator with shroud & an aluminum 7-blade fan with clutch. The standard (non-AC) '68s had the bubble top radiator with non-clutch 4-blade steel fan. To me the '67 was the pinnacle of the 4 barrel 440's for various reasons- they had the last & best 750CFM AFB (later were smaller CAP AVS), nice closed chamber heads, lightest of the rotating assemblies, chrome dress-ups, in addition to the mentioned standard related stuff.

I would say that a non-cop L-code Fury III sedan would be incredibly rare, probably 10 or less made & maybe the only one left. Would be a shame to be parted but oh well. In this case you would need to find a nice rust free donor & replace the rear sheetmetal / trunk, obviously a lot of work.

So why ask the f*****g question?, there have been a fair few posts on faceberg lately, people 'parting out' Imperials in really nice shape, with comments turned off. Methinks they're doing it to rile people up.

Back