1967 Sport Fury "Daddy Long Legs" package

PH27L7

Reaction score
Just saw this in the '67 performance brochure, they outlined the 440 engine performance package in the Sport Fury. Kind of a precursor to the more heavily advertised later GT packages. Too bad it never caught on.
Fury daddy long legs 1 a.jpg
Fury daddy long legs 1 b.jpg
Fury daddy long legs 2 3.jpg
Fury daddy long legs 2 5.jpg
Fury daddy long legs 2 6.jpg

Huh, very interesting. I like it. How many were built and how many survived? I'm sure not too many

There was also a "Turnpike Cruising" (or similar) option on Belvederes in 1969. 383 2bbl, 2.76 rear axle rato were the main items in it. Maybe HD suspension too? It was mentioned in the '69 sales brochure.

The Sport Fury 440 is an illustration of how Chrysler built "package" cars that had all of the "good stuff" in them. With all of the neat stuff coming with the 440/375 engine option. Which is illustrated in great detail in that ad! Mentioning all of the basic upgrades which came as a part of the engine option itself. Then add power disc brakes, Sure Grip, transmission of choice. Plus other things like factory a/c, FM radio and rear speaker, light package, etc. to make it nicer to be in between times the engine was enjoyed.

Thanks for posting!
CBODY67

THOSE were the type of ads that I used to pour over for their specs and information! Nothing like them from Ford or Chevy, usually.

Noted: the cam duration specs with the expected lift numbers / the 3.31 axle ratio for the 4-speed option / option numbers to order

Thanks for the memories!
CBODY67

Think they did this in response to the 7 liter Galaxies & 427 Impalas of the day. Those were also pretty much sales failures. It seems the public would rather have a smaller & cheaper car with the same motor which is understandable. The later 70-71 GTs were the most popular but still very rare.

Think they did this in response to the 7 liter Galaxies & 427 Impalas of the day. Those were also pretty much sales failures. It seems the public would rather have a smaller & cheaper car with the same motor which is understandable. The later 70-71 GTs were the most popular but still very rare.
When you ordered a big engine in a car from Chrysler, you automatically got bigger brakes, wheels and suspension to go with it. GM was notorious for expecting the customer to "know" what to order along with the big engine. More than once back in the day, I'd find some guy with a Chevy 409 that overheated, wouldn't stop and wouldn't handle. When he complained to the dealer, he was told "Well sir, you didn't order the big cooling package, you didn't order heavy duty brakes and you didn't order the heavy duty suspension package. I don't think Ford was as much of a dick about this as GM was, but I also don't believe they were as thorough as Chrysler.

I have this car. Factory four speed. 440. Fast Top. Only one I have seen, but I haven't been looking forever. You can find that brochure on ebay for about 50 bucks. It is the greatest brochure ever. It is called Motion. By Plymouth.

I have this car. Factory four speed. 440. Fast Top. Only one I have seen, but I haven't been looking forever. You can find that brochure on ebay for about 50 bucks. It is the greatest brochure ever. It is called Motion. By Plymouth.

So, Dan. . . It sure would be neat if you would bring this car to Carlisle this year. I'll even save a space for you. . .

Rip

440 equipped C bodies were favorites of the Airstream Caravan Club back then.

Back