1968 300 convertible top

PrestonUSA1

Reaction score
Hello FCBO,

I have asked this before but will again as there may be a different audience. What is the best top to buy for a 1968 300 Convertible? I plan to buy it and have it installed.

Best Regards,

Preston

conv top cover..

I have asked this before but will again as there may be a different audience. What is the best top to buy for a 1968 300 Convertible? I plan to buy it and have it installed.

Legendary offers a very nice one, plus anything you will need to replace it. You might want to concider refinishing your top bows once the cover is removed.

Robbins makes the best aftermarket tops. Legendary sells Kee Tops which aren't bad, but the don't have as good a reputation, IMO.

What color is the top and underside of your top? The top on my '65 was white exterior/off white on the underside. My top bows are white too. No manufacturer today makes a white on white top so I had to source NOS material from SMS Auto Fabrics and have them stitch my top.

I would say Robbins. I have used them a couple of times, including my 68 and have always been very satisfied. 68-1.jpg

68-1.jpg

Hello FCBO,

So I got the Robbins top in and brought it down to the local pro to put on and he said it is the wrong type of fabric. It is a GM "pinpoint" fabric and that Chrysler's used a "crushed" (leather like pattern) fabric. I wonder why Robbins would make it in a GM style fabric?

Best Regards,

Preston

I would say Robbins. I have used them a couple of times, including my 68 and have always been very satisfied.View attachment 3642

I wouldn't worry about it, Preston. There may be 1 person out of a 1,000 that may know the difference.
Nothing looks better on a 'vert than a new, tight, shiny, top.

Sent using Forum Runner

B.S. Stan, I would find the correct top and send the other back. They look ridiculous on a mopar..... I notice.

So I got the Robbins top in and brought it down to the local pro to put on and he said it is the wrong type of fabric. It is a GM "pinpoint" fabric and that Chrysler's used a "crushed" (leather like pattern) fabric. I wonder why Robbins would make it in a GM style fabric?

have you contacted Robbins with that question.
I think I would return it in exchange for the correct material, (much nicer), or a refund. I still think the legendary top is a better choice.

They may have just sent you the incorrect top. 1962-67's used the GM style Pinpoint Vinyl. 1968-70's used the Crush "Colonial" material which is a smooth, textured vinyl similar to seat material. I would contact Robbin's and make them aware of the issue. If they don't have the correct material, send it back and order the top from Legendary (they use Kee Tops).

Back