1968 300 convertible

Dana Goetz

Reaction score
I'm trying to feel out the average selling price for a 1968 300 convertible that has had no mods. This car has been restored to a 9/10 driver condition (numbers match, body & mech. work done, repaint, new interior, new top with glass back window). It has excellent workmanship and is a pretty car. So, without talking about this car, what does a really good condition, get in and drive it convertible go for these days?

Also, why do some of these cars have a black tail light filler panel while some are silver? Was it just a check box on the order sheet or was it keyed to exterior/interior color?

Your typical nice driver '68 300 vert that is correct and rust free with no Bondo and no frame rust would average about $12.5k to $17.5k in US dollars. An especially pristine original might go as high as $22.5k. Pristine originals are few and far between. The quality of the restoration work can greatly effect the price. The price is also effected by the vehicle history and which options are installed on the car and if they all work properly. Vehicle mileage and the color combination also enters into the value.

The filler panels seem to have been used interchangeably and both were common. May have been a production plant variance, as far as I know, the black/silver was not a check off option.

Dave

I too was thinking around $15K.

Options and colors have a significant impact on price.

A fully loaded L code car in a nice color is worth at least $5K more than a dark green car with hardly any options, assuming both cars are in similar condition.

Silver tail panel is early production, black is later production. The changeover date is unknown

Jeff

Thank you guys for the info. The car I'm looking at is red with a white top and interior. It has the buddy front seat with a column shift, power windows and top, no air. It's not heavily optioned but it is pristine.

Back