WANTED 1968 Carter AVS 4 Barrel Carb

Status
Not open for further replies.

EurekaSevven

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hopping into the ring again -

Looking for a Carter AVS for a 1968 "2806301" 4 holer intake. No problems with rebuilding a good core as long as everything is there, preferably complete with the Chrysler linkage stud already attached but no issue if not.

What engine do you have?

I have a 1968 383 Newport that was a 2bbl from factory and I replaced the intake with the same one you listed.
I was going to use a stock 4bbl carb (Carter 4401S) which is correct for A/T without A/C. I bought a refurbished one online, had it installed and decided to ultimately go with an new Edelbrock 600 with electric choke.

I still have the Carter 4401S if that’s what you’re looking for. Let me know

Pics below:

upload_2021-8-2_16-0-22.jpeg

1968 Chrysler Newport with a 383, although mine has A/C on it. As far as I can tell though both A/T carbs are the same with or without A/C. May be incorrect on that though.

Looks fine to me, how much are you asking for it, and has it already been gone-through (no issues with operation or adjustment)?

1968 Chrysler Newport with a 383, although mine has A/C on it. As far as I can tell though both A/T carbs are the same with or without A/C. May be incorrect on that though.

Looks fine to me, how much are you asking for it, and has it already been gone-through (no issues with operation or adjustment)?

it was rebuilt when I bought it, I ran it for a few weeks then opted to go with the Edelbrock.

It’s in great shape, but I would still go through it and tune it for your application. I’d like $175 + shipping from 60139. I weighed it in a box and it’s at 8lbs, but I will put more packing material around it.

Let me know, I can take PayPal if that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back