1968 Chrysler 300 front brake shoes

bronze turbine

Reaction score
I found some NOS brake shoes that are supposed to be for this car, they're 11x2.75 shoes, but Rockauto shows this car using either 11x3 or 11x2.5 so do I need to actually measure the ones on the car? These are for the front BTW, and the car doesn't have a trailing towing package or anything that would indicate heavy duty brakes.

440 68 cars had 11x3 frt drums.
Period.
But when in doubt, check it out.
Measuring does not hurt.

From past experiences, be sure to measure the actual Shoes on the car instead of the width of the inner drum surface. There is supposed to be clearance on both sides of the Shoes.

Bruce

A Chrysler 300 had only 11" x 3" on the Front, and
Only 11" x 2 1/2" on the Rear..... And as most people on this site know (but you are New -- Welcome Aboard),
I am the guy who has the +++ N.O.S. +++ Asbestos +++ for Front & Rear at the moment.....

The 11" x 2 3/4" Mopar Front Shoes were the alternate light duty system that was put on the
"Lesser" "C" bodies --- some of the Polaras & Monacos,
Some of the Furys and Chrysler Windsor's -- and especially more prevalent in Canadian cars...

Rock Auto has millions of things listed WRONG... If I had a nickel for every wrong listing of theirs, I would be a millionaire just from that....
Call THE source , if you have any doubt , Craig --- 516 - 485 - 1935.....

Hey Bronze Turbine,
If you want them for FREE shipping !!!!!!, I will be at Chrysler's @ Carlisle from Wednesday, July 8th through Sunday, July 12th....
Come on by, and check out easily the most awesome spread on the field, and MOUNTAINS of
"C" body parts ---- H 107 - H 108....
"H" as in Hallelujah.......

Mobileparts hooked me up with 2 full sets of brake pads. He really knows his stuff! Very knowledgeable. A pleasure to do business with.

Thanks for the shout out, Bronze Turbine....
Great talking to you and your friend.
You are both intelligent also for wanting to treat your cars like the majestic machines that they are, and with parts that they richly deserve...
Understand also, that while that was your first extra discount, it is NOT your last !!!!!
Thanxxx again, Yours, Craig.....

Back