1968 Chrysler 300 tail panel color & other trivia FYI

PH27L7

Reaction score
Came across this info in one of Karl Pippart's old circulars. He was/ is a C-body fan, especially the shift yourself type. The question of argent vs black tail panels comes up sometimes, he gives some detail.
68 Chrysler 2 temp.jpg
68 Chrysler 1 temp.jpg

Came across this info in one of Karl Pippart's old circulars. He was/ is a C-body fan, especially the shift yourself type. The question of argent vs black tail panels comes up sometimes, he gives some detail.
View attachment 438485 View attachment 438486

Ivory/green was not common, but not all that rare either. I think it's one of the best things you can do with a green interior.

I have seen my share of Ivory or Yellow with green top and interiors. Remember this was the late '60s. Green top and /or interiors looked best with a green or white body color IMO.

I'm a big fan of keeping old cars original color but if mine were antique ivory and green I might have to rethink that.:lol:

One reason why I find these old c-body cars so fascinating (probably applies to most cars of this era) is that they could be ordered with so many different combinations of options. I have seen some interesting things like four doors with consoles. When you consider how many different options were offered on the '68 Chryslers, for example, you can bet there were probably hundreds of different combinations produced, making finding two identical cars probably more the exception than the rule. I like the phrase I heard in some ad for a Newport Custom somewhere, which was something like "Why do you think we call it Custom?". You could REALLY personalize your car in those days. I miss that.

Here is something oddball. My early build August 11 1967 ‘68 Sport Fury had the recessed area on the trunk lid that the finish panel covers painted silver and the trunk lid itself is constructed of the outer body panel over a skeleton frame. Every other ‘68 Fury has a double panel trunk lid and I’ve never heard of or seen another Sport Fury or VIP with the silver paint treatment.

my 68 vert was delivred christmas week 1967 and has the black tail panel

Back