WANTED 1968 Chrysler Imperial backup lamp sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a pair of good/new backup lamp sockets for ‘68 Imperial.
The sockets are pressed into the housing on these so your best bet is to find replacement assemblies. I’m not saying it would be impossible to remove the sockets from the housings and retrofit some sort of universal socket into them but I haven’t needed to do this yet as I have been able to find replacement assemblies. The chrome on these also doesn’t fair well back there either so really nice ones might be hard to find. I’d try Murray Park first.

The sockets are pressed into the housing on these so your best bet is to find replacement assemblies. I’m not saying it would be impossible to remove the sockets from the housings and retrofit some sort of universal socket into them but I haven’t needed to do this yet as I have been able to find replacement assemblies. The chrome on these also doesn’t fair well back there either so really nice ones might be hard to find. I’d try Murray Park first.
I’d buy the whole light, if I could find them. I looked @ Murray Park but didn’t look like they had any.

I probably have a set, but finding them is going to be an issue.

If you don't come up with anything by the weekend, I'll take a look around to see if I can spot any.

I'm hoping that I can spend some time this winter getting my parts collection better organized.

Jeff

I probably have a set, but finding them is going to be an issue.

If you don't come up with anything by the weekend, I'll take a look around to see if I can spot any.

I'm hoping that I can spend some time this winter getting my parts collection better organized.

Jeff
GREAT!!! I’ll will let you know if I don’t come across any.
Thank you

I’d buy the whole light, if I could find them. I looked @ Murray Park but didn’t look like they had any.
You need to call him, his site doesn’t have a fraction of his actual inventory.
I probably have spares as well but I would need to take some time to go through my stuff as well.

Just an update.
Had a set on the line, but it turns out that they were just like mine. The light sockets were rusty too.
Still in need of a set. Thank you

Still looking for a set with clean working light sockets. Let me know & thank you.

On all but 1 of these the bulb came out easy and went back in too. 1 I had to use penetrant to get the base of the bulb out of the socket.
I have to keep the best 2 for myself but the others are useable until you find better. The chrome is pitted/peeling and they will need some cleaning behind the lens and the sockets but I’m sure they can be put into service. Lenses would be a separate conversation.
B279DCED-9048-40A7-B088-053692DD922C.jpeg

I took a quick look around and didn't find anything.

Anything that I would have is likely no better than the ones that Matt has, as they would be off of cars from the northeast US.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back