1968 Chrysler TC Wagon

Jacob Kibodeaux

Reaction score
Here is my wagon. I never actually intended to buy it. Just saw it and had to have it. Best part is it was surrounded by Cudas, Challenger RTs, Roadrunners, Superbees, and GTXs and it is what caught my eye. I see those popular cars so often ( this guy has a ton of them) that I hardly notice them anymore.

The car was complete and fairly original when I got it. Apparently it towed a horse trailer for the last part of its previous life. Ended up in the wrecking yard with a bad trans. I decided to just completely go through the drivetrain and add EFI. I want something I can just hop in and drive anywhere I want when it’s done.

Here are some pics of where I found it and where it is today. Not a lot of difference but progress is progress. Only have had it for about 3 months now.

1DBC052B-B5B6-447F-A1F7-17CC16C86F95.jpeg

395F688B-4C47-448E-AA69-0B90F0D47634.jpeg

C6FD0903-9D38-4E0C-A440-970AEB726138.jpeg

7868D7D4-FC5B-40FF-BCD6-8989B15D9E48.jpeg

AB51A678-0B29-4D18-B5E2-85A8476DDF18.jpeg

7B28890D-D353-42CE-8AA8-2D8BCF5AF65F.jpeg

0FC404D2-50AC-4554-A912-E094A0405C88.jpeg

801E02AE-75F1-44F6-A684-6FC24D3928BE.jpeg

C727677F-97CE-4F85-BD47-4840E1BCC473.jpeg

0B097A70-6EB9-4BCD-916D-B4F3BD641755.jpeg

Great job on saving this one! :thumbsup:

It looks like a really straight and solid car.

The engine looks great. You'll have to keep us posted on your progress and let us know how that EFI set-up works out.

Jeff

One bit of advice: Just about every C body wagon fuel tank leaks at the bottom seam, so expect that you'll have to clean and seal the tank. I've never taken the tank out of a slab wagon, but they are a bit of a ***** to get out on fusey wagons.

Jeff

One bit of advice: Just about every C body wagon fuel tank leaks at the bottom seam, so expect that you'll have to clean and seal the tank. I've never taken the tank out of a slab wagon, but they are a bit of a ***** to get out on fusey wagons.

Jeff

I was looking at the tank in this car and dreading taking it out, it doesn’t look fun. It has to come out though cause I have to add a return line for the Sniper EFI.

Not sure if you watch Roadkill Garage on Motor Trend TV....but that have a 68 T&C that they call gargantuwagon...cool episode to watch. Keep us posted on the progress with the wagon. My dad had a 67 Monaco wagon with a 440...he loved that car. You're going to have a really cool car...love the torque thrust wheels.

Great save, always liked 68 NY cars.

2 Bent pushrods, did you find out if the valves are stuck or gummed up?

Can you put the return line through the sending unit? That’s how the factory did it. Then the tank may Not have to come out, depending how nasty it is inside.

Thanks! I like the car in your picture! I just sold this 68 Newport convertible. It’s a factory 375 horse 440 car.

That's a rare piece.

They didn't sell very many Newports equipped with 440 HP engines. Can't recall if I've ever come across one at all.

Jeff

Great save, always liked 68 NY cars.

2 Bent pushrods, did you find out if the valves are stuck or gummed up?

Can you put the return line through the sending unit? That’s how the factory did it. Then the tank may Not have to come out, depending how nasty it is inside.

There was actually 3 bent. Lol

I was curious so I hit the key real quick and apparently there were 3 stuck valves. Oh well the engine is all brand new now. The car even had 906 heads on it which surprised me.

I’m not sure what the condition of the tank is. That’s part of the reason why I want to pull it. I had planned to run the return line through the sending unit already.

Not sure if you watch Roadkill Garage on Motor Trend TV....but that have a 68 T&C that they call gargantuwagon...cool episode to watch. Keep us posted on the progress with the wagon. My dad had a 67 Monaco wagon with a 440...he loved that car. You're going to have a really cool car...love the torque thrust wheels.

Oh yeah I’ve seen that episode a couple times, I need their drivers outer taillight. lol

I think those wheels make the car. I even found a set of brand new Radial TAs for them.

That's a rare piece.

They didn't sell very many Newports equipped with 440 HP engines. Can't recall if I've ever come across one at all.

Jeff

I didn’t even realize what the car was when I got it. Then I saw the 83 on the fender rag and was like wait a minute. Best part is it all appears to be numbers matching.

Welcome from Texas, nice wagon with great bones. Looking forward to following your project.

Every BB mopar from 68-70 came with 906 heads from the factory. 383-2bbl thru 440+6

yes I’m sure somebodys cousins neighbors uncle had one with xyz heads, I know him also.

Every BB mopar from 68-70 came with 906 heads from the factory. 383-2bbl thru 440+6

yes I’m sure your cousins neighbors uncle had one with xyz heads, I met him also.

What about the 915s?

I kinda thought that because the low horse engines used to use 516 heads but they died in 67.

Back