SOLD 1968 Dodge D100 in OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
OK, kids, I found the big Dodge truck I've been craving, and as such, my '68 D100 pickup needs a new home pretty damn fast!

1968 Dodge D100 LWB 4x2, 318 auto, AM, heater, Custom trim, nice truck with LOTS of new over the nearly eight years of my ownership. Lifelong TX/OK truck. I'll add a full description later today, along with additional pics. The chrome wheels are the wheels currently on the truck.

$5,750 cash money buys it. You can even drive it home. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it 500 miles today, if I needed to. NO TRADES! I'm selling this to get the big Dodge. Garaged the entire eight years I've owned it, except when driven, obviously. Located in Oklahoma City, OK.

Fargo snow.jpg

fargo front.jpg

d100movie.jpg

F A R G O on the hood?

Just curious,
CBODY67

Yup. And the fender emblems and tailgate, too. Bought all that from two guys in BC and another guy in MA. I wanted a FARGO without having to find one in Canada. Same exact truck, except for the emblems.

YouTube link to a film I and the truck were in called "Ray in the 64-Bit Dimension" Advance the clip to 14:05. You can see the truck drive into the frame, and hear it pull up, idle, and drive away. It looks a little different then v. now - wheels, front bumper and painted tailgate. It sounds like it does in the clip. No enhancements or alterations.

Can't begin to list everything I've done on this...

Transmission serviced.
NEW windshield & seal.
NEW brakes, brake kits, wheel cylinders, front brake lines, outer wheel bearings, master cyl.
NEW seat cover, headliner, inst cluster glass.
Fuel tank replaced w/larger '70 D100 tank.
Dual exhaust from manifolds back, w/30" glasspacks.
Coilover rear shocks.
Spring bushings.
NEW AR515 15x7 wheels and 235-75R15 tires
Battery and cables
Carb rebuilt. NEW fuel pump and filter.
All lights replaced over the course of ownership.
NEW motor mount insulators.
Heater replaced along w/hoses (works great!)
Aluminum tool box (lock missing key)
FARGO tailgate, fender emblems & hood letters.
Horn switch replaced
Rear bumper is a step bumper from a '76 D100 (direct bolt-on)
Front is the original chrome bumper.

I've done a lot on this truck over eight years of ownership. Titled in my name. No spare tire or jack. Always garaged when not in use. Odometer shows 66,700 miles.

I even have the original CertiCard and old TX registrations, along with the original owners manual.

I have additional spare bits I've acquired over time, that'll go with for the money; such as a spare '68-unique hood, vent window assembly, wiper motor/linkage, washer bag and floor pump, original rear dealer step bumper, and a few other small bits.

This is a 318 auto truck. The engine is a '72, with the correct '68 truck oil pan. Bone-stock 318. Rear is a 3.55:1 8-3/4" SG.

Someone will end up with a very nice truck that is drivable and useable as it sits, or restore to a crazy level.

Last edited:
I don't see why this hasn't sold. Swepties in a LOT worse shape have sold for close to ten grand in the past year. I've got this priced VERY reasonably.

I just don't get it.

I don't see why this hasn't sold. Swepties in a LOT worse shape have sold for close to ten grand in the past year. I've got this priced VERY reasonably. I just don't get it.

I agree and it’s not a price issue. Didn’t I see this on another forum? I think the only thing that hurts is the long bed. I sold my LWB truck last year for 7k. I was 2nd owner and the truck was documented low mileage. I thought it should have brought more but being D200 hurt it. Everybody wants a SB. Good luck. Craig

The obvious answer is that nobody wants your truck, even with the reasonable price. Perhaps offer it on the pickup forum - someone there must want a nice pickup???
I want to say he has, but that forum isn't the most active. It reminds me of the local gas station, with four old men having coffee and sharing what little they did the day before.

The truck forum is pretty dead. Plus, people here aren't limited to just C-body cars in their scope of interest. So, I'm not certain if you were offering sincere advice or just being a Dumbass in your statement. The truck costs me nothing to hang onto, regardless.

The obvious answer is that nobody wants your truck, even with the reasonable price. Perhaps offer it on the pickup forum - someone there must want a nice pickup???

You have a nice truck and I love the dodge trucks but I dont think many share the same passion as us Moapr guys do for them. I'm sure if that was a C-10 of the same vintage, it would of sold within minutes. I think dodge trucks are just as nice if not nicer then any Chevy truck.

OK, kids, I found the big Dodge truck I've been craving, and as such, my '68 D100 pickup needs a new home pretty damn fast!

1968 Dodge D100 LWB 4x2, 318 auto, AM, heater, Custom trim, nice truck with LOTS of new over the nearly eight years of my ownership. Lifelong TX/OK truck. I'll add a full description later today, along with additional pics. The chrome wheels are the wheels currently on the truck.

$5,750 cash money buys it. You can even drive it home. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it 500 miles today, if I needed to. NO TRADES! I'm selling this to get the big Dodge. Garaged the entire eight years I've owned it, except when driven, obviously. Located in Oklahoma City, OK.

View attachment 434873

View attachment 434874

View attachment 434875
Facebook has a Sweptline buy sell group you might want to check out.

Damn! Love to grab this Swepty but ....
3 strikes.
1. Laid off due to Covid
2. Too far away
3. No place to put it.
GWLS!!

So what did you find?

1969 D300 cab & chassis. 318 4-speed, 4x2, heater, radio, 4.10 Dana 70, spent first 20 years in the Bay Area, and 31 years in NM. An absolutely beautiful, rust-free, three-owner truck. It should be here in about 10-15 days, depending on weather.

upload_2021-2-13_20-39-49.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back