1968 Dodge Phoenix windlace.

jafa360

Reaction score
Im restoring hot rodding an Australian dodge Phoenix 1968. (Rebadged Plymouth Fury 3) .
Im about to install new head liner problem is windlace is clip in place type that looks like it is installed prior to headlining going in does any one no the correct method .(ie) headlining first then windlace or other way.

Been there - done that.
Windlace first.
Btw. Welcome aboard. That car got the steering wheel on the wrong side?
(Sent using Forum Runner)

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

Nice car...........the steering wheel is on the wrong side. LOL!

Wow. Beautiful body. Looks like a lot of hours were put into that.

I did have to make one small, minor repair though:

29e4nx5.jpg

ahh i see the problem has been rectified to suit the American market.
Yes alot of hours to get the body straight. painting a car this size is not that easy (not in black anyway) but still not perfect in the door gap department

Im restoring hot rodding an Australian dodge Phoenix 1968. (Rebadged Plymouth Fury 3) .
Im about to install new head liner problem is windlace is clip in place type that looks like it is installed prior to headlining going in does any one no the correct method .(ie) headlining first then windlace or other way.

Ok thanks everyone for the help BUT i now need to source the windlace trim clips for this car 68 fury 4 door any help please would be appreciated .I see this minor thing is going to stall my progress for a few weeks due to christmas .

Also my condolences to USA members on the tragedy in Newtown.

Windlace install pics

I t took me awhile to get the answers i needed about windlace installation not much availible online hopefully pictures will help someonelse.:sSig_thanks: to the members of this forum

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

Ive seen somewhere on this site a replica c body center console ! I'm trying to track one down to install in the Phoenix . just the body . I don't need top plate .tachos or parts . I will be customising it to run stero and beer holders as well as running heater and air con ventilation piping . Yes I know they are exspensive but I need to weigh that up , the shipping is the killer .Thanking you in advance

Back