1968 Dodge Polara 2 Door Rat Rod Project

Pana.Mopar

Reaction score
Just picked up my '68 Dodge Polara hardtop which I've had at a friends place for the last two years and about to get it started. The plans are for it have the ratrod feel.

It's a factory 383 / 727 (have got the original block) but it's just gotten a 318 / 904 from a '70 Phoenix. It was a factory Dodge Metallic Green car but was sprayed red at some point in time.

Plans are:

Freshen up of the 318..
Paint will remain as is with dings and fade
Roof will get lacing done
Seats will get mexican blankets
Black gloss rims with flapper, bullet nuts and centre caps

Will be a great cruiser and later down the track I might do a resto/mod on it..

phonee_zpsf560041f.jpeg

Now someone explain to me how leaving the paint and body the way it is, adding some lace, and black steel wheels is destroying this car? Isn't there a certain blue car around here with mexican blankets covering the front seat?

If the current owner is going to have some fun with it and enjoy it as it lives on, I'm all for it. Not every one has to be done the way Most of us would do it.

I'm sorry to both of you gentlemen but I have to go back and delete it. Dumbest thing I ever said. Don't change the momentum if you want.
I'm just deleting it.

Do what you want with it......you own it!

I won't be driving it! LOL!

I'm sorry to both of you gentlemen but I have to go back and delete it. Dumbest thing I ever said. Don't change the momentum if you want.
I'm just deleting it.

You cant.... I saved it...whats in it for me?

If you keep that car roadworthy for many years and then pass it on to someone else who'll do the same then power to you brother Mexican blankets or no! Rock on!

Glenn

Everyone here is living in the past with old iron

Not everyone. I hold no romantic ideals about keeping an old car original. I think there are very nice old cars that merely need updating to bring them in to today's standards, fuel injection, overdrive, etc etc etc....

Not everyone. I hold no romantic ideals about keeping an old car original. I think there are very nice old cars that merely need updating to bring them in to today's standards, fuel injection, overdrive, etc etc etc....

Just by having it you are living in the past, Deny it all you want , otherwise dump the antique and buy new car

Mmmmmeh. If I was living in the past it'd be in a brandx, it's all my family ever owned. Most likely a early 70's Olds station wagon. Even then cut what ya need to, put modern amenities in it and roll. It's just steel whether it's in a modern shape or vintage don't much matter. I'm not trying to relive something from my past with it. Just trying to have a car that's different and that the kid will have fun crashing someday. Now the wife and her dad that's a different story.

If the current owner is going to have some fun with it and enjoy it as it lives on, I'm all for it. Not every one has to be done the way Most of us would do it.

I agree. Car has been sitting in a garage at a buddy's house for a couple of years and now it's going to be run and provide some pleasure. Enjoy!

I'm changing my Mantra to: "It's your car".
My believing there is a right and wrong in 2014 is totally outdated and no longer valid.

Welcome, Pana.Mopar.... nice car.

Back