1968 Dodge Polara S/W

Canada

Reaction score
Hey Guys...

This part of the forum seems neglected, so I thought I would throw my thread up here... Finally got her home now, and was able to snap some pics yesterday in the limited sunshine.

I'm the third owner, 1st owner had it new in Guelph, ON in '68 and drove it out to BC and back and back to BC, where he sold it to 2nd owner in '70. He owned it until he passed away in 2011, and it was brought to Ontario.

Car is overall in really good condition, and is 99% original. I don't plan on doing anything other than maintenance and giving it a good cleaning for now. Its a 318/904 car, currently a 6 passenger, but am looking for a matching rear facing back seat. (Thanx to Cbarge for the Fury info)...

Here's some pics for the curious:

IMG_0301 by NeonChristopher, on Flickr

IMG_0307 by NeonChristopher, on Flickr

IMG_0327 by NeonChristopher, on Flickr

6872462747_8163832590.jpg

IMG_0328 by NeonChristopher, on Flickr

6872474901_a027b0b5a7.jpg

IMG_0330 by NeonChristopher, on Flickr

6872507469_58f9ed7c3d.jpg

IMG_0336 by NeonChristopher, on Flickr

6872557717_7973ccff74.jpg

IMG_0344 by NeonChristopher, on Flickr

:tiphat: Howdy from a fellow Canuk Slabsider. Very nice ride! It looks to be very clean. Has it been painted? I'm not far away in Grimsby. Maybe we'll see you and the SW at Moparfest?

Oh my that is sweet...................It is in AMAZING condition. I love it!!

Thanks again guys. Its original paint that was touched up with various silver spray paints over the years :( Its in good condition, but the paint is "meh". Being original, I have no intention of painting it though. Will try and clean it up as good as possible...

What I will need for safety likely is tires. Suggestions on sizing if I stick with the factory steel wheels for the current time?

Last edited:
:icon_thumright:Very nice. You guys up north (or perhaps out west from my point) have some nice C-Bodies. I think I need to get over the Falls to Mopar Fest some time. I have some friends who have been that say it is a good show.

What I will need for safety likely is tires. Suggestions on sizing if I stick with the factory steel wheels for the current time?

If you have 15" rims I'd recommend the 235/75/15. Have them on my 70 Polara. They are a bit taller than standard but ride nice.

I think I need to get over the Falls to Mopar Fest some time. I have some friends who have been that say it is a good show.

If you never have been you gotta go, an amazing assortment of cars like you have never seen here in the states.

If you have 15" rims I'd recommend the 235/75/15. Have them on my 70 Polara. They are a bit taller than standard but ride nice.

Running the stock 14's for now... I guess I'm going 75 series profile, but hard to find an easy size.

EDIT: After looking around, closest size I can find to the original 8.55-14 is a 225/70R14... Seems to be closest and best option if I'm going to stick with my 14's for now...

Last edited:
That is an awesome car in what appears to be excellent condition, congrats! I love the silver paint on these C-bodies. My Imperial is an eastern WA state car for 95% of its life and I would say it's in similar condition. Nice and dry out there.

I have the rear facing seat assembly pulled out of my 68 town & country it would need to be recovered to match your interior though its a different colour.
Let me know if your interested I live in Burlington the car is in Wellandport

Wow. Sorry for the delay! Thanks man! Is that the full assembly with brackets etc? Anyone know if it would just bolt into the existing holes in the rear?

The Wagon (Her name is now officially Winnie) got some new BFG Radial T/A's (Found some 14's) and hopefully going to have a small exhaust issue fixed wednesday this week... Got to get all the chrome cleaned up and buff the paint as it will hopefully be going to its first show this coming weekend!

yes I have everything might have to cut the retaining latches from the frame for you but not a problem but remember they are not black but in great shape

Wow. Sorry for the delay! Thanks man! Is that the full assembly with brackets etc? Anyone know if it would just bolt into the existing holes in the rear?

The Wagon (Her name is now officially Winnie) got some new BFG Radial T/A's (Found some 14's) and hopefully going to have a small exhaust issue fixed wednesday this week... Got to get all the chrome cleaned up and buff the paint as it will hopefully be going to its first show this coming weekend!

Are you talking about this kit? Same as an Imperial Executive Kit?

DSC01310.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01310.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

That is an awesome car in what appears to be excellent condition, congrats! I love the silver paint on these C-bodies. My Imperial is an eastern WA state car for 95% of its life and I would say it's in similar condition. Nice and dry out there.

Detmatt, I don't think I've seen pictures of your Imperial? Could you post a few? Thanks.

Detmatt, I don't think I've seen pictures of your Imperial? Could you post a few? Thanks.

Don't want to hijack this thread so here is a link. You posted in this thread but it was a while back and I still haven't had a chance to get over and get it! So fricken busy with work! I want to register it in the upcoming CEMA show at the WPC Museum on the 9th of June so that I am obligated to get my arss in gear and get it.

Don't want to hijack this thread so here is a link. You posted in this thread but it was a while back and I still haven't had a chance to get over and get it! So fricken busy with work! I want to register it in the upcoming CEMA show at the WPC Museum on the 9th of June so that I am obligated to get my arss in gear and get it.

Sorry, I don't see a link?

Back