1968 Dodge Polara S/W

No, we were talking about the 3rd row rear seat for the wagon, that faces the back window.

I got the new exhaust put on as well, and should get pics as soon as the weather is nice enough and I can get a video too... Thanks for the comments guys!

I saw your Polara at spring fling yesterday very nice car I'm jealous mine still needs lots to be done just to get to these shows if you want to see pictures of the rear facing 3rd row seat just let me know and I will send them to you
Chalky

Thanks man, you should have come introduced yourself, I tried to walk around and talk to all the C body owners I could find! I'd love those pics. Shoot them to [email protected]

Here's some pics from this AM while it was still clean from the show. You can see the new tires and exhaust I did.

IMG_0916 by NeonChristopher, on Flickr

IMG_0921 by NeonChristopher, on Flickr

IMG_0928 by NeonChristopher, on Flickr

I also tried to take a video of the exhaust, but I never really like how it sounds on video vs in real life, but here's a short clip of it anyway... Please ignore my ugly rear quarter panel. Its solid, just needs to be sanded and painted :(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40653430@N08/7286654848/

Last edited:
Oh my, that looks great..........a little too tall in the back for me but still, nice!

Nice wagon. Do you have air shocks on the rear? Looks like the torsion bar adjustment has been lowered a tad?

Yes to air shocks in the rear, but only running 5psi in them just to keep them from being bottomed. I've not touched the torsion bars, but I think the front shocks are gone, so that might not help the bit of sag I've got going.

Yes to air shocks in the rear, but only running 5psi in them just to keep them from being bottomed. I've not touched the torsion bars, but I think the front shocks are gone, so that might not help the bit of sag I've got going.

How does it ride withe air shocks? Is there a noticeable difference +/- from hydraulic shocks?

5psi with that much lift ....:eusa_think: ...............:eusa_snooty:

LoL... Would you like a video? When I bleed them out to empty it only settles maybe a 1/4" lower than in the pics. When I bring the pressure up, I can get almost another 1.5" height out of it.

As far as ride, I find its always firmer than hydro shocks, but when I add air when I'm hauling a ton of stuff, its super firm and uncomfortable.

I had several hundred pounds of weight in the back a few weeks ago and it was nice to not have it dragging low out back, plus I will be towing a trailer with it, that has a fair amount of tongue weight, so it will be nice to be able to keep it level.

It actually sits lower than when I first bought it, after putting about 1500 miles on it. I've tried totally releasing all the air from the shocks via the port tucked up under the bumper, and the gauge I use is reading at 0 psi, so I wonder if they are a longer body than a standard shock and thats whats causing it to sit so high?

Maybe it has an added leaf? How many leafs should I have in my rear packs? I'll go check to confirm...

I've "resorted" to air shocks in the past.
I will never use them again.

I had air shocks on my 73 Challenger w/340 Magnum, 8.75 posi rear w/ 4.10's, Sox & Martin adjustable pinion snubber and M/H Racemasters. On the 1/4 mile it was great. On the street with L6015's not so good. Steering and handling was crap especially going around corners.

I had air shocks on my 73 Challenger w/340 Magnum, 8.75 posi rear w/ 4.10's, Sox & Martin adjustable pinion snubber and M/H Racemasters. On the 1/4 mile it was great. On the street with L6015's not so good. Steering and handling was crap especially going around corners.

spoken like a true Chevy guy.........:sSig_noob:

Maybe it has an added leaf? How many leafs should I have in my rear packs? I'll go check to confirm...
That depends on how the car was ordered and with what options. Being a 318 car I would think 5, six at the most.

How about the air shocks on this 1973 Fury? Check out the shackle extensions. It also has a trunk full of rabbits. BTW, this is in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (1974).

i038635.jpg

Hey Guys...

This part of the forum seems neglected, so I thought I would throw my thread up here... Finally got her home now, and was able to snap some pics yesterday in the limited sunshine.

I'm the third owner, 1st owner had it new in Guelph, ON in '68 and drove it out to BC and back and back to BC, where he sold it to 2nd owner in '70. He owned it until he passed away in 2011, and it was brought to Ontario.

Car is overall in really good condition, and is 99% original. I don't plan on doing anything other than maintenance and giving it a good cleaning for now. Its a 318/904 car, currently a 6 passenger, but am looking for a matching rear facing back seat. (Thanx to Cbarge for the Fury info)...

Here's some pics for the curious:

IMG_0301
by NeonChristopher, on Flickr

IMG_0307

IMG_0327

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hey there, I'm the guy who ended up with the wagon. The 318 gave up and I've got a 451 stroker built with a 727. Having a hard time finding the correct headers.. So I'm held up until I get that sorted out. Just wanted to let you know that taking good care of her!

Love the wagon. Looks like its ready to tow a cool vintage camper. The white walls and wheel covers worked better IMHO.
Loose the air shocks...... They may cause damage to the upper mount in time. And OEM type shocks do not support weight and will not cause a sag when worn.

Back