1968 Fury 4 speed on e bay

Davews

Reaction score
Well, what looks like a gorgeous slightly worn 68 4 speed on E Bay ( wish it was on this site) ... Does anyone know of this car or is anyone close enough to put eyes on it in South Carolina? Any shared info would be appreciated. I'm interested. Thanks , Dave

Ebay ad text tends to stay up for years. After a while the photos disappear tho.

1968 Plymouth Fury III Convertible, 383 4 Barrel, 4 speed manual transmission, 3.23 rear axle (non Sure Grip). Cool car.

00-1-2-8.jpg
00-1-3-000.jpg
00-1-3-2.jpg
00-1-2-9.jpg
00-1-3.jpg
00-1-3-00.jpg
00-1-3-0.jpg
00-1-3-1.jpg

I know the owner, a very good guy, I don't want to speak for him too much. I have ridden in that car(!) and it runs great, no funny noises and it doesn't overheat. It is very original as the photos show, though it has a tti exhaust. He always garages it and drives it regularly. He has owned it for quite a few years and the owner before him cared for the car much the same.

Thanks, goldfish65. I registered on this site last month but this is my first post here.

This is one is my car. I have thought a long time about selling it. It is a hard decision as I know I will never find another one like it. In my mind it is a one-of-a-kind car. I've had cars in the past that I have sold and then regretted later, but its time to move on.

My dad has had his 1970 Charger 30 years ago and it is time that it gets some love, its the Mopar that I grew up with and my parents are getting older. If the Fury sells the plan is to fix up the Charger.

I bought the Fury off ebay November 2009, just from the pictures and had it shipped from Wisconsin to South Carolina. I wasn't really looking for it when it popped up but I was happy to make it mine. I am supposedly the 3rd owner. I bought it from a guy in his late 60's who told me he owned it for 6 months. He was a Cadillac collector and found this car and told me he bought it from the original owner. He decided to sell it when he realized that he was never going to drive it. It still had the 30+ year old tires on it when I got it. I wish I had more of the history of the car, but I do not.

I trailered it to Carlisle in 2010 and drove it to Big Daddy's in Ocala, FL a few years ago and drive it around town. I do have a reserve which I think is very reasonable (less than the similar BIN cars on there) and will consider lowering it when it gets closer the end of the auction. I'd like to see it go to home that will enjoy the car as much as I have.

I have more pictures on a google photos page if anyone wants a link.

Last edited:
Thanks hsm, I would like to see the link for the additional pics if possible and would like to touch base with you via call... You can P/M me here. . I also think I might have looked at this car in 2009...I drove up to Southern Wi from IL and met the seller , the older fellow met me... Not sure if it was the same car but then how Many 68 Fury Converts could there be in Wi for sale in 2009? Thanks, Dave

Yes, the car was in Williams Lake, WI, if I remember correctly... I'll send you a PM.

Mike

A ragtop BB 4spd. It doesn't get much better. Being a Wisconsin car the body likely merits inspection. Welcome aboard and good luck with the sale.

Back