For Sale 1968 Imperial 4 Door Hardtop - San Mateo, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

73Coupe

Reaction score
Contact seller
I spotted this in my neighborhood yesterday while out and about. So I stopped in and put eyes on the car in case it sparks any interest here.

1968 Imperial for sale, asking $8000.
Restoration started, and selling because the owner's health has deteriorated and he's now in a wheelchair. I talked to the owner's father and got the info.
The body has been repainted in what looks like its original dark green. The engine was rebuilt by a shop in Fremont. Transmission rebuilt by Hillsdale Transmission in San Mateo. New dual exhaust by Exhaust Works in Belmont (who also did my car's exhaust). The exterior chrome looks all original and in good shape. The car also has a new vinyl top.
Apparently all parts are with the car, and the PVC pipe sitting in the interior contains trim parts. The interior needs complete restoration. The dash is cracked as is the steering wheel. The column is T & T, and functional.

The car is sitting in the yard at Airport Towing, on 1st Avenue in downtown San Mateo (next to the train station). The owner's father is Giovanni and he works there. The phone number of the yard is (650) 349-6030 or 685-7810...not sure, the internet lists several numbers. Enjoy!

IMG_1544.jpeg

IMG_1562.jpeg

IMG_1545.jpeg

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_1547.jpeg

IMG_1549.jpeg

IMG_1551.jpeg

IMG_1554.jpeg

IMG_1555.jpeg

IMG_1557.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.