For Sale 1968 Monaco 500 part out

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsquared

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi all,

A year ago I got this car to clean up: 1968 Dodge Monaco 500 Cleanup

It needed more work than I expected, but I started on it anyway. Well that was a mistake :) . The car is now completely apart and the body is ready to go on the rotisserie... But I don't think it will ever get there because I have had a baby and have lost interest and time to work on it.

I need to get rid of this thing to recoup my garage space. There is no way I will spend the time to put it back together well and I'm not going to just slap it back together either. To help forum members, not have the car waste completely, and maybe recoup some of my money, I would like to offer parts of the car for sale.

I have all the lower aluminum moulding trim, most of it is in decent shape, already removed.
I have the two unobtainable front glass cornering lenses. Seriously, I have the only left side glass...
383HP motor and trans both made a 1k mile trip here and seem healthy.
brand new windshield (that is available on Summit)
brand new fiberglass seat backs from ABC
Most of the sheetmetal is ok (roof is bad and some floors are not good) and I can cut it.
Various odd bits and pieces.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parts list:
@swisherred has dibs on windshield, power window setup, door panels, front seats, and body until Sept 22
@LocuMob has dibs on cornering lenses and fiberglass seat backs/sides until Sept 13

All aluminum trim from the front cornering lenses back is sold.
Engine/trans/driveshaft/air cleaner/fan/power steering pump/linkages are sold.

Last edited:
I am interested in the lower molding pieces behind the rear wheels along with any intact clips you can salvage. I will PM you.

Sent you an email, but here they are. Probably the roughest of the moulding, unfortunately.

photo5152418630468741216.jpg

photo5152418630468741217.jpg

You know I always wished my 67 had 68 taillights and associated bits... Hmmmm

photo5152418630468741223.jpg
photo5152418630468741222.jpg
photo5152418630468741221.jpg
photo5152418630468741220.jpg

@Fratzog I know you PM'd... but I can't attach pictures there. These are better but not perfect. Both have a hole drilled, slight corrosion on the bottoms

messaged you for prices on the windshield, power window setup, door panels seat parts and some other stuff.

Just a note to the other members here and to give this thread a bump I've decided to pass on the parts I've requested info about so feel free to pursue them if you like. The cornering lights would be a nice upgrade for someone's car.

Cheers, to be as upfront as possible:
@Jim 68cuda has dibs on engine and trans complete
@swisherred has dibs on windshield, power window setup, door panels, front seats, and body
@LocuMob has dibs on cornering lenses and fiberglass seat backs/sides

All aluminum trim from the front cornering lenses back is sold.

Last edited:
Met up with dsquared this evening and bought the complete engine and transmission assembly. Thanks Dsquared. He even helped load everything as his local HOA meeting was ending at the house across the street. Found out it was the local HOA when people started streaming out of the neighbor's house and I asked Dsquared to explain the, "WE'RE WATCHING YOU" shirts that at least two woman were wearing. Guessing the HOA will be glad when all the car parts are gone.
Thanks again. The engine will be perfect for my 67 Belvedere wagon.

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, was a pleasure to meet you! Good luck with the motor - send me a video when it's in the car and running!

I think this is the R/front w/opening molding I need. Could you post a more detailed photo? (less glare).
Thanks
Will.

photo5157071750792587394-jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back