1968 New Yorker 4dr non post front windshield fits other c bodies?

blue88

Reaction score
I have a front windshield from a 1968 new yorker 4dr non post car... that i came across.... anyone know if it is a direct replacement for the 1968 300 front windshield? I could not find any documentation online about windshields.

Yes
I have a front windshield from a 1968 new yorker 4dr non post car... that i came across.... anyone know if it is a direct replacement for the 1968 300 front windshield? I could not find any documentation online about windshields.
I believe hardtops are the same. Rock Auto list part #’s and you can use that to see what other cars it fits.

Slab side C Body 2 door hardtops (NOT Fast top cars), convertibles and 4 door hardtops use the same windshield. The '67 - '68 Fast top cars use a different, shorter windshield. Your New Yorker windshield will fit a '68 300 4 door hardtop but not the 2 door Fast top.

If you can find an old Chilton Crash Manual parts book that covers the '67 Chryslers, it probably has the NAGS part number for the glass. That should tell you which models it interchanges with and also give you an "industry part number" the glass suppliers can use.

CBODY67

The 68 300 i believe is classified as a Fast Top.... so i think they may not interchange. I will look at Rock Auto site and see if i can figure out. Thanks for all the information guys.

The 68 300 i believe is classified as a Fast Top.... so i think they may not interchange. I will look at Rock Auto site and see if i can figure out. Thanks for all the information guys.

Correct.

cbodybob and i just talked this through . 65 c body 2-4 dr h/t & conv use nags #w657 , 4 dr 4 dr s/w use nags # w658 . 66 c body 2-4 dr ht use nags # w657 , 4 dr 4 dr sw use nags w658 . 67 c body 4 dr ht and conv use w657 , 4 dr 4 dr ws use w658 , 2 dr ht uses nags # w692 . this is new for 67 . 68 c body 2 dr ht uses nags # w692 , 4 dr ht & conv use nags #w657 , 4 dr 4 dr sw use nags # w658 . sorry if there was any confusion . this is straight out of my body shop glenn michell manual for collision estimatior guide . i hope this helps .

I think it adds some confusion as the '67 & '68 Fury was available in both a 2 door hardtop using #w657 and the 2 door fast top (fastback roofline) using #w692 but this should clarify things.

Thanks very much for all your help guys. Both my 68 4dr windshield and the one i got from a 67 t/c wagon.. wont fit a 68 2dr 300 fast top.

Correct but they are worth something to someone. Put up a wanted post here for what you need and check eBay and post a for sale "ad" here for the 2 that won't work for you. Where are you located?

Back