1968 New Yorker Haynes manual or something similiar

Andres

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site. I just purchased a 68 New Yorker and my headlights do not work. I looked online for a Haynes Repair manual online and I cannot find anything. I was wondering if anybody knew where to find a repair manual for my car. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

A Haynes manual isn’t very good. Get a factory Chrysler service manual it’s right from the source!

For a lot of cars, there are downloads of the Factory Manual. Unfortunately, they don't have the '68 Chrysler, but the mechanicals of a '68 Plymouth Fury are pretty close, so that can get you started. Service Manuals – MyMopar

I've bought a few CD manual versions of the FSM from this vendor and have been pretty happy. The great thing about the CD version is you can print out a page or two and take it out to the shop and make notes etc. or get it filthy and not worry about it. Great for electrical diagnosis where a highlighter can really be your friend. Usually cheaper than a paper version too. 1968 Chrysler Shop Manual CD 68 Imperial 300 New Yorker Newport Repair Service | eBay

I think that Irv Bishko sells the same CD manual, but I've never bought one from him. 1968 Chrysler Shop Service Repair Manual CD Engine Drivetrain Electrical OEM | eBay They are on sale though... Usually the price is about the same.

So, either one... Or look on eBay for a paper version, either an older copy or a reprint.

A Haynes manual isn’t very good. Get a factory Chrysler service manual it’s right from the source!
^This^

The Chiltons aren't any better either. Factory Service Manuals (FSM) are the best.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site. I just purchased a 68 New Yorker and my headlights do not work. I looked online for a Haynes Repair manual online and I cannot find anything. I was wondering if anybody knew where to find a repair manual for my car. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

As others have pointed out, the factory service manual will be your best resource. We have one for a '68 Chrysler to sell. I'll send you a private message.

Is it JUST the headlight function that isn't working? Park and tail lights still operating?

You're going to have to get to the switch to see if there is power going in (on the terminal marked B), and then going out (marked H) (headlight switch in the on position, lever all the way up)

just low beams or both low and high? you might have a bad dimmer switch. try stomping on it a few times. sometimes they come back to life.

Back