For Sale 1968 Newport Sedan - $5k (Not Mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUPORT

Carpe Diem Cras
Reaction score
Contact seller
These pics were taken near my work, and the guy lives near my house somewhere, so if someone is interested, I can check it out...

1968 Chrysler Newport

00m0m_JQwmFujlRB_600x450.jpg

00b0b_fE29uuWgNMJ_600x450.jpg

00l0l_6ffsFDoXofU_600x450.jpg

00J0J_5ESa7nNprBH_600x450.jpg

00n0n_ll4ueq4qEwS_600x450.jpg

1968 Chrysler New Port. 383 cu in. Last that was replaced was timing chain, gears, lifters, cam and push rods. All filters were replaced. Also has Edelbrock carb and Mopar performance alumni intake.
All four brakes and wheel cylinders replaced. Has flow master mufflers.
Selling her for $5,000 OBO

1968 Chrysler Newport

condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: silver
size: full-size
title status: clean

No, I didn't sell him my hubcaps, but I am glad to see I wasn't the only Newport guy running around with Polara/Monaco/Charger wheel covers on...

Looks to be in good shape. Not sure about the look he was going for. Seems he left the 50 year patina which is cool, but then paints the roof purple? Thankfully he didn’t do the rest of the car like that.

Hard to tell a lot from these photos, but it SEEMS nice, and it looks to have factory AC, and it's hard to not like a blue interior......wheels aren't "bone stock" but aren't objectionable either........ hard to complain about that price either - hope it finds a good home.

Agree with @1978NYB, That purple roof looks hideous. I can see if it was a 50's car. But on a C-body. Nope. Gotta go.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it was a haphazard attempt to cover up after taking the vinyl top off.

He must be colorblind. It does indeed appear to be a nice car and I hope he gets the 5k for it.

Not sure if it was an actual factory option, but from time to time you see a sedan (which rarely had vinyl tops) with a painted roof in a contrasting color (such as on my '67), not sure if I'd want that purple, but in silver, or a darker blue, it would make a nice touch on this Newport. If as nice as it seems, someone could get a great deal, hope it finds a good home.

ThreeQuarterREARrightOUTDOOR.png

When it comes time to paint Blu' I'll likely ditch the vinyl on my car. Not worth the effort of installing a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back