1968 Plymouth Fury II North Carolina Highway Patrol

BakonBittz

Reaction score
New member but I thought this would be a cool addition to ZedR's thread about his Fury.

I purchased this car about 2 years ago as a small project, drove out to the middle of nowhere North Carolina with some cash, drove 3 hours home to Charlotte in a car I knew for 20 minutes :wideyed::wideyed::)
The pictures are pretty much in order, the car drives great and will be slowly refreshed with new interior, suspension bushings, the usual stuff. It came with 2" (maybe 3"?) lowering blocks and the torsion arms cranked down, I'll leave it lowered, I kinda like it. Someone also added an SBCC front disk upgrade at some point in time, I love original but no complaints there.

A few pictures the seller provided me:
biG3yUH.jpg

GDW1ls7.jpg
WOy9pVk.jpg

kH3HtZY.jpg

Bought and on the way home! Went flawlessly.
gp1QYfC.jpg

Last edited:
A few pictures after getting back:
M1qXXd1.jpg
hOl5I5f.jpg
FX8UJzM.jpg
TYKZIpk.jpg
modUO4S.jpg

Like i said everything on the car works great, except the air conditioning, but the compressor still kicks on with the push of the A/C button! A small oil leak over the years made a big mess but nothing really to clean up.
YfIeiOL.jpg
sawBMNT.jpg
T4yEsEn.jpg
b5He95b.jpg

Didn't even know there was an ash tray here!
aWDYgJc.jpg

Came with all kinds of extra stuff from the 70's and 80's in the trunk:
Z0YZFSW.jpg

I actually left the "crud" on the car to protect it as I worked and drove it some. It looks great underneath, never thought i'd say it but I might just clear over what is here, who am I to erase 48 years of history?
rIVWb5V.jpg

DlaEEyP.jpg

n4PY11d.jpg

Lastly it works out whoever did the poor yellow respray/masking actually made it easier to identify the car by the color scheme.
North Carolina Highway Patrol cars:
lVQDTv2.jpg

LXZpZGG.jpg

My car:
vIZBXuI.jpg

2g3y69F.jpg

Thank you ZedR for posting about your car inspiring me to post about mine. I'm sure everyone noticed the similarities in the hubcaps/heavy duty wheels, mine has the fleet wiring, clock instead of the oil gauge. The hole in the roof haha
Thank you for being an awesome community and a wealth of knowledge about these cars!

Last edited:
Great car! Lucky that it has the unobtanium hubcaps, too - nice! Thanks for the kind words, look forward to seeing your progress

Zed

:thumbsup:Clear it ,,preserve the story. What a fricken cool car.....

oh and welcome to the best C body forum !!

perfect id drive the piss out of it.

and leave that 12/95 inspection sticker on there that is sweet

try not to die -

- saylor

Way cool car. Obviously I love all things 68 Fury. I also like the Plymouths & Dodges used by law enforcement, heavy duty everything. Keep us posted on the progress with pics. Good luck.

So its been a while and I hope everyone's holidays are starting off great! I've had a little spare time to get caught up everything, I feel like the pictures do most of the talking.

The idea of "Hooptie" is to modernize a some but leave the surviving history. Cleaned up and clear coated what was there, mixed a 20% mat clear, love the way it turned out. The stock AM radio is now run off of my phone, added some color to the stock black and white dashboard, and spent more in sound deadening than I ever have! Homemade Lizard Skin, dynamat on the vertical surfaces, cheap stuff on the floors, hopefully it will ride quiet and smooth as a modern car.

Hope to finish up the headliner, carpet, upholstery in the spring and drive it all summer. :)

Full imgur link if you want way way too many photos:

yzdml8T.jpg

Modern on the inside, stock on the outside:
8l3L8y8.jpg

Refreshed package tray:
bIxa7xB.jpg

Rust repair, 1/2 way through seam sealing:
uwmPAeG.jpg

Trying to make sure the rust never comes back:
WO8zSkY.jpg

Storage while working on other things:
ml9id6p.jpg