NOT MINE 1968 Plymouth Fury III 318 4dr HT - $17,500 (Reading)

68PK21 440.6bbl

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Blue Blue Blue Ya gotta like blue.

1968 Plymouth Fury III - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

odometer: 32761
title status: clean

1968 Plymouth Fury III - $17,500 (Reading).001.jpg
1968 Plymouth Fury III - $17,500 (Reading).002.jpg
1968 Plymouth Fury III - $17,500 (Reading).003.jpg
1968 Plymouth Fury III - $17,500 (Reading).004.jpg
1968 Plymouth Fury III - $17,500 (Reading).005.jpg
1968 Plymouth Fury III - $17,500 (Reading).006.jpg
1968 Plymouth Fury III - $17,500 (Reading).007.jpg
1968 Plymouth Fury III - $17,500 (Reading).008.jpg
1968 Plymouth Fury III - $17,500 (Reading).009.jpg
1968 Plymouth Fury III - $17,500 (Reading).010.jpg

1968 Plymouth Fury III. (This was the most expensive car Plymouth sold in 1968) This car is all original with only 32,761 miles, always garaged and is in excellent condition. 318 engine with automatic transmission, power brakes, power steering and factory air conditioning.

post id: 7350699657
posted: 2021-07-13 21:38

:rolleyes: that would be the VIP, I think he is a bit high on his price too. I do love the color though

Yea the expensive bit I just blew over... I'm not a fan of the baby blue or Hawaiian what ever you call it. But IMO a very clean not messed with car worthy of keeping the pictures for reference material. I was going to put out some pointers on the condition of the interior and dash like both lower seat aluminium trims are there and look to be firmly attached, (my 2dr 68 Fastop I pitched the driver side). Dash screws don't look to have been ever removed, (black paint surrounding screws usually gets scarred from errant screw driver work), gauge plastic is very clean an un-scratched (haze'e), lettering highlights and dash, what do you call that stuff, anodizing paint(?) is not worn down around the switches. Seat not coming apart at the seams (yet), window crank knobs are all there, arm rest are not sagging & discolored or mismatched color, no acid rain discoloring of the chrome bumpers. Eyes on the driver side mirror will be nice if it isn't chrome pitted (specked) taillights look to be all matching, trunk lift paint edge ain't all buggered up... geeeez I should get commission on talking up this deal!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:rofl:

The hood spring is one of my 'Pet Peeves' when I see someone bragging about their restored or original survivor (they think) car.
The hood latch spring should look like this, or in some years a anodized darker color, not painted body color or black.

PET.PEEVE.HOOD.LATCH.SPRING.jpg

I laff'ed when some kid (wheeler dealer) was showing off his restored award wining Superbird to me at the Zephyrhills car show decades ago, he got all right in my face as a possible sale but turned and got right on his cellphone when I pointed out that the hood spring and other things shouldn't be painted body color.

:lol:

I agree. That's a super clean car, but the seller is delusional on the price.

Even a convertible Fury III has trouble pulling that kind of money in similar condition.

One thing that's always puzzled me on the '68 Fury's, and I don't know if 67's had it too, is the huge muffler/accumulator used in the A/C system. I'm not aware of any other Chrysler product that used it. Possibly it has something to do with the 318 engine, and I just haven't seen any '67-'68 Dodges with a 318 and factory air.

1968-plymouth-fury-iii-17-500-reading-009-jpg.jpg

Jeff

Yea I never got into A/C work, read through the FSM and learned about the vacuum pump for evacuating the system, the gauge setup, then the Ozone thing started cropping up and the state I was in required a recycling apparatus, didn't want to spend the $$$ for all the equipment. I tossed all the engine bay stuff on my 1968 Fury III 4dr with A/C, didn't even try to add some R12 via a Vatozone kit, probably should of tried it, but I think something on the compressor seized or was ready to go by making noise so off it all went. I had to rip apart the dash unit when the heater core was leaking, lucky it was just the hose between the 2 cores.
Up there I never even knew any shop that was good on A/C back then, wouldn't even try to recommend anyplace other than the dealer if someone came to me with a A/C problem.

Mine doesn’t have the lower chrome interior pieces on the seats.
Did all Fury III’s have them?
Does anyone have some for sale?

55E2FF34-6911-4A59-B57E-FC61B90B942B.jpeg

Mine doesn’t have the lower chrome interior pieces on the seats.
Did all Fury III’s have them?
Does anyone have some for sale?

View attachment 475072
Look at your build sheet, I think that would tell. Maybe a part of a trim package, I don't remember them on my 1968 Fury III 4dr sedan, but on my 1968 Fury Fastop 2dr as with the plastic trim on my 1968 PK21 that part gets kicked and banged up from entering the rear seats and I never found any good driver side plastic ones in the boneyard for the PK21's so off it went. Same for the Fastop, it was loose from day one of my ownership, I tried reattaching it, think it's held on by clips, but it kept coming loose so it got pitched.

There are no marks or holes in the material around the bottom for clips or screws.
My other 68 Fury convertible didn’t have them either.
I do have the build sheet for this one.

There are no marks or holes in the material around the bottom for clips or screws.
My other 68 Fury convertible didn’t have them either.
I do have the build sheet for this one.
Depends on what kind of seats you got (pictures would be helpful) of course buckets are different but here is a vert bench with the plastic hinge covers.

1968.Plymouth.Fury.III.2dr.Vert.Seat.Trim.001.jpg

2 door bench chrome trim is pretty much like the 4 door except for a variance for the seat back latch.

Hey that pic was of my interior before I owned the car.
Look at the stains on the carpet!

79e601d7-a50b-4ee7-b433-6db6acbb7e79-jpeg.jpg
Lotta Happy Meals had in that back seat I'll bet!

:rofl:

No if you haven't been following me on the forum, I've divested myself of Mopars back in the late 80's. Held onto what I had for awhile but just couldn't find time as being a mechanic in my day to day job plus two part time jobs, only so many hours in the week.

Back