SoCal Cruiser

Reaction score
Contact seller
4C3F4BBC-1700-4E50-ACD1-F9DFCBE6A8EC.jpeg
CF92B256-23A1-4393-A22E-8061D50DA3F4.jpeg
0CE33E0D-65DF-486A-8FAA-B656FC2F29AD.jpeg
6D642FD1-A6D2-49AC-9C0A-473D9DC2A1FF.jpeg
11FB2FF5-B7F3-4A12-936C-46F60C684064.jpeg
Selling my ‘68 Plymouth Fury, $5500 obo. Runs great and is a rust-Free California car. Check it out on the Craigslist link below:
1968 Plymouth Fury III **383 BIG BLOCK 2 Door Hardtop **

FB3A988E-1374-4B85-BCFF-DB16507A382C.jpeg

Looks like a good candidate for a resto. From what I see in the pics, a southern California car with little to no rust, a few dings, nicely optioned big block formal roof Fury III. Legendary makes the seat covers. Dash pad might be tough to find though. Doesn't look like it would cost a fortune to make it nice again.

Last edited:
Yea but whats a windshield gonna cost ya? Lotta states wouldn't even let you operate it on the road with a windshield like that.

Looks like a good candidate for a resto. From what I see in the pics, a southern (?) California car with little to no rust, a few dings, nicely optioned big block formal roof Fury III. Legendary makes the seat covers. Dash pad might be tough to find though. Doesn't look like it would cost a fortune to make it nice again.

Yea but is that the right one? Hardtop vs sedan vs convertible vs ???
I heard years ago that one version was almost unobtainium.

It's a C-Body remember? It's good if repo's are being made, but a Chinese windshield is junk or have they upped the quality since the Ford ad campaign days.

Like I said just recently in the past few years I've read that some C-Body windshields were unobtainium.

Windshields for this car are available everywhere for under $200. It's the fasttop glass that's expensive.

I don;t know the point of your question mark, but Rancho is clearly So. Cal. There is a HUGE difference between Northern and Southern California.
Sorry, I didn't check the CL listing and didn't have my map of California in front of me when I replied to the post. :rolleyes:

So.... I uave been looking for windshields too. The Window sealbis $300 and the cheapest windshield I found is around 500 shipped with freight. Does a fixed windshield increase tue value by $700? I dont know... I'm debating on fixing mine or not.

So.... I uave been looking for windshields too. The Window sealbis $300 and the cheapest windshield I found is around 500 shipped with freight. Does a fixed windshield increase tue value by $700? I dont know... I'm debating on fixing mine or not.
'66 two door hardtop? I got mine through Rock Auto for less than $400 delivered to my door. Seal was $98 on eBay, but could have gotten one for around $50. Got lucky with no damage to the windshield, others have bad results from RA.

It's the fasttop glass that's expensive.
Glad I got a spare with the '68 Monaco 500.

I wouldn't. If someone wants to restore the car, it's much easier to remove the dash with the windshield out.
Can't even get my dash out without taking out the windshield, makes it fun to work on things behind the dash.

The hardtop windshields are easy compared to the fastop. My’68 fastop was about $480 delivered and then there is the seal. Cheapest I could find was around $200. The sedans and hardtop seals were around or under $100.
Hardtop windshields are the same for 4 dr ht, and convertible (not Imperial)

Yes much easier for any dash work without the windshield, especially if you are thinking of redoing the dash pad.

I have a 68 fury III 2dr hardtop. I just dont know if its worth the money to fix the windshield. I might be selling the car soon too...whats everyones thought on this? If you look at a car in otherwise good condition? Would it increase my value?

I have a 68 fury III 2dr hardtop. I just dont know if its worth the money to fix the windshield. I might be selling the car soon too...whats everyones thought on this? If you look at a car in otherwise good condition? Would it increase my value?
I think any improvements, especially along the lines of originality, will increase a cars value. Keep in mind that as time passes all the old American cars become more scarce and more valuable. They’re being exported to other countries daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back