1968 Polara 500 440 Magnum 4-speed Anyone seen this car?

bandsdean

Reaction score
One I regret not buying. So while working on my 67' convertible back in 1995-ish there was an ad for this car. Described as having the original 440 engine, 4-speed trans, interior, top, factory Magnum 500s, he was asking I think right around 6000.00 but absolutely no higher than 8K. He sent me pictures (Pre internet and I know I have more somewhere but can't find them). I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen this car? It was located in Florida. Would love to see where it ended up!

1968 Polara Interior.jpg

1968 Polara Body.jpg

I remember that car with other pic,s ....rusty pic,s....

Yes, I remember the car. I almost bought it too.

I'm pretty sure it was $7,500. It had substantial rust, but wasn't a complete basket case, it was too rusty for me at the time.

I have photos on an old hard drive.

Could have sworn I saw this car at Carlisle in late 1990's. It was sitting right outside the covered building that housed the better for-sale cars. It did not look as good as the old pics show. A super rare machine for sure but would have taken much effort to restore.

That's the saddest part about these cars, I think - some of the valuable, low optioned cars are just beyond saving, unless you have deep pockets and are dedicated to seeing the project through. I consider myself (and I'm sure others feel the same) fortunate that our cars are in such good shape as they are, they cheated the scrapman decades ago, and still do.

Fired up my way-back machine today just for this inquiry.
@bandsdean
This was 9 years after your original sighting. Due to the rarity there can't be many with this drivetrain and in blue-blue.
The discoloration of the drivers doorpanel near the medallion and the missing black roller aren't conclusive, but it's AWFULLY coincidental if this is a different car.

1651600062653.png

1651600120220.png

Some more pics.
Ebay's listings don't save nicely so there's no seller description available.

04.jpg

03.jpg

002.jpg

10.jpg

08.jpg

06.jpg

02.jpg

11.jpg

05.jpg

01.jpg

Ima betna that RH mirror is the same, and I'll even go further that the font on those RWL tires is the same.
So it didn't age well from 1995 to 2014.
It's been 8 years since that ebay posting, hopefully such a rare car continues to survive.

1651600916721.png

1651600942771.png

Back