1968 Polara 500 Convertible with HP383

MoparOrNoCar

Reaction score
Hi all. My cousin and I bought this car a couple of weeks ago. We were looking for an easy project that would be fun- a rust free (almost rust free) Polara came up for sale and we jumped on it. We have to replace some bits and we hope to get it resprayed factory DD1 in a couple months.

The very first place we stopped after purchasing her, of course.
IMG_0703.jpg

Here's her tag. The seats look like they have been recovered. We're pulling them out soon to replace carpet and hope to find build sheet (crosses fingers). The fender tag is there and looks nice. What is the deal with the 7 4 that looks hand stamped in the top right corner? I've seen a few other tags with the same thing on them...
IMG_0639.jpg

Yeah yeah, we know. Going to repaint this back the right colors....
IMG_0638.jpg

We'll post more pics as we go through her.

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

I like that you're not wasting any time. What are your plans for it?

I like that you're not wasting any time. What are your plans for it?

Our To-Do list is:
New top (her's is getting old and it leaks some)
New carpet - original carpet is faded and is worn pretty bad
Repaint engine back to OEM - it just bugs the crap outta me
Put some nice wheels on her - those wheels say Shelby Cal 500 on the inside and have a snake on the center caps. Listing them on eBay asap.
There is one spot of quarter panel rot, only spot of rust on entire car. We are wanting to get her resprayed DD1 while the interior is out, if we can find a local guy that will do it right.

There are a lot of little things we are going to have to fix:
Antenna is broken off
Dimmer switch is locked up
Dash pad has three huge cracks
Passenger fender and grill have tiny bit of damage
Convertible latch is broken on passenger side
Exhaust has a bad leak

We plan to take her to some local meets this Spring/Summer and then auction her off so we can go save another one somewhere. This one was about to go get some 24's and 50 speakers crammed in her- we couldn't let that happen so we took her home with us.

Back